Charlotte, NC area runners

Checking in! (Read 113 times)

under a rock

Hi, everyone! I'v been lurking in the shadows lately. Thought I'd just check in and tell you how things are going with me.

I did my second half marathon at the Race For The Land in Stanley on the 5th and made it through with no IT band problems! I'm so thrilled with that. It was a lot tougher course than we all thought it would be, lots of steep hills and raw ground. We got lost a few times. I think most every runner that we met on the trail said they had gone off trail at some point during the HM. We did a lot of walking since we were running as a group of 3 and the other two it was their first HM so we decided to stay together and do it for fun. One of my friends had a miserable time, she never got into a groove and had tummy troubles so that's where all the walking came in. Almost 30 mins slower than my first HM but I'm happy since my IT band survived in good shape.

I'm pretty excited about how well things are holding up and that I finally have found a formula that works for keeping my IT band healthy. I'm very slowly adding more miles. I've got my eye on doing a fall trail marathon, probably in October.

Hopefully I'll see you guys around in the fall at some local 5k's. I'm hoping by then I can knock another minute off my most recent times.

theyapper

On the road again...

Good job, Ashley.  Glad your IT band held up so well.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Hey Ashley... Nice to know the trail running's going well and your IT band is cooperating. I heard several people talking about getting lost in that race.

Hope you'll get back out and road a few road races too... Summer Breeze is this weekend!

under a rock

Richard, I'll be shooting to do a few Gastonia 5ks this fall. Hopefully Spencer Mtn and whatever else pops up in town.
            That's great news Ashley.  I've been doing better also, so I understand totally how you feel.
            old-runner

Ashley... Are you planning on the 10-miler or the 5k at Spencer Mountain? The 5k is pretty flat I think, and the 10-miler has that legendary hill near the end. Really though, the 10-miler isn't nearly as bad as you would think... the first 5 miles are almost all flat before you get to the hills.

under a rock

If I do it I will just do the 5k. I just don't have the desire to do much more than that on roads at this point, plus it's only a month after my planned marathon.
                  I could use a fall marathon as a backup besides Thunder road, which one are you running Ashley?

under a rock

I'm doing Medoc Trail Marathon on Oct 16 in Hollister, NC. Medoc Marathon