Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 2/7/2011 (Read 246 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I don't think anyone raced last week (couldn't find Richard's name in the UNCC 5k results), so no blue ribbon.  But there were lots of us pounding out some good mileage, which will translate into some great race times in upcoming weeks.  I'm not really into streaking, but I put in 6 days in a row last week and had every intention of going out yesterday to keep it going, but just didn't.  No biggie.

Add another gold star to the virtual trophy room, Mike!

Totals:

NameDistance ▼Time
    ChakaKahn 55.3 mi 6:42:20
    CliveFenster 47 mi 6:50:52
    nanxin 40 mi 6:02:19
    Happyfeet 40 mi 6:22:03
    theyapper66  38.3 mi 5:56:51
    old-runner 32 mi 4:51:06
    alholley 7.9 mi 1:17:56
    rossruns 5.5 mi 49:16
    CarolinaBlue 5.5 mi 44:22
    runslikeafraggle 1.6 mi 16:23

I know we all have different paces, but how much fun would it be to meet up someday and do a group run with 15 or so of us here?

MTA:

And the Goes To...

nanxin for an almost 7 minute 5k improvement in one year and an AG placement.  That's kickin'!  Congrats.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

nanxin

I ran UNCC 5K last week, this is my second time ran this race, I finished 22:22 chip time, 2nd place of my age group. Smile

2010 UNCC 5K is my first road race in states, I finished in 29:00 by mixed walk and run, so I am glad that I am still runing after 1 year and I can finish 5K w/o walk.

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

Tremendous improvement in one year, nanxin!  Nice race!

I'm having bigger mileage than usual this week -- not Chaka-big, but big by my standards.  No race yesterday, but I did meet a new group for the middle portion of 10mi.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

nanxin... What a great improvement from 29:00 last year to 22:22 this year... congratulations!

I got up early Saturday morning and got my clothes ready but for some reason when I went to wake my wife up the bed was calling my name. It was still raining at the time so I just hopped right back into the bed. Felt bad about it afterwards of course.

old-runner

Paul... I forgot to mention this... I love the idea about us all getting together for a group run. I guess we would need to work out a time that's most suitable for people but count me in. 

under a rock

I'm in for a meet up run sometime!

I'm hoping to run today. I had wanted to yesterday, I think my IT band is ready again, but I couldn't get motivated. Lack of running this last week has left my motivation for everything in the dumps. I hope to reclaim my life again today.

I might be going to see the Hood To Coast movie on Thursday. Anybody else going?

nanxin

Thanks. A group run should be fun and please count me in.

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

theyapper

On the road again...

1.5 mile w/u, 4.5 miles tempo (8:04), 1 mile c/d

Do most of you do long runs on Sunday?  I do mine on Saturday.  Which would be better for the majority of us?

Paul

I do mine -- such as they are -- on Sundays.  (I haven't gone longer than 11mi since the marathon in October!)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

1.5 mile w/u, 4.5 miles tempo (8:04), 1 mile c/d

Do most of you do long runs on Sunday?  I do mine on Saturday.  Which would be better for the majority of us?

Nice workout Paul.

I really can't tell which day would work better (looking like Sunday will be better than Saturday), because of my daughter's Saturday swim practice/meets but I'll try to make it whatever we plan on.

theyapper

On the road again...

My Sundays are tied up until the end of March, but I don't want to be the one who holds everyone else up from getting together.  I know some of you have run together in the G-town area, but I thought it'd be fun to try and get one larger group run together.  It may be a logistical nightmare, and details aren't my thing. Wink

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Welcome to the halfway point.

Had a nice mid-week run; a little over 8.

Paul

old-runner

Anybody else running the Cupid's Cup 5k this Saturday? I just registered today after feeling guilty for missing sleeping through last week's race. The Cupid's Cup is supposed to be a fast one from what I hear with a big downhill in the last mile. Some of you speedsters need to come and get you a PR. Charlotte's first big race of the year... about a thousand runners.

Richard, I thought that you were the "glass half empty" versus a "glass half full" person.  Yes, there is a big downhill in the last mile, but to get to the last big downhill in the last mile, its uphill most of that first 1.5 miles (up East, up Romany and then up Park to the corner of Euclid are some solid uphill climbs).  I'll "race that" vicariously through you (but my now healing left Achilles (and right foot) would prevent me fr even running that vicariously through you given those hills). Best of luck all kidding aside!

Rob

Ashley, I wanted to go watch the movie but I can't now.  I'll have to wait for the DVD.  I'm really curious to see it because I have a friend I run with that ran it last year and she totally hated the race.  As a female, she said there were sections that were totally isolated, with no lights, nobody running anywhere near her, and people lurking in the shadows.  I was shocked to hear her description of the "most popular relay race.".  I meant to ask her tonight if she was going to see it.  heh  She would laugh.  I did feel bad for her though. 

Count me in for a group run.

Richard, I'm planning on running the Cupid Cup.  Rob's right.  The first 1.5 won't be easy.