Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 1/24/11 (Read 255 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Here is last week's chart.  Mike went a little crazy on us!  Niiiccce.

Don't think we had any races last week, but I know the Winter Flight 8k is this Saturday.  Hope it goes well.  Anyone else running besides Richard and myself?

NameDistance ▼Time
    ChakaKahn 70.1 mi 8:26:35
    Docster 49.3 mi 7:03:04
    Happyfeet 41.2 mi 6:42:00
    old-runner 37.1 mi 5:48:34
    CliveFenster 35 mi 5:08:09
    theyapper66  34 mi 5:31:08
    nanxin 33.3 mi 5:11:52
    runslikeafraggle 24.1 mi 4:27:04
    cpaterun 12.1 mi 1:56:50
    alholley 10 mi 1:36:50
    rossruns 3.3 mi 30:00

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

4 miles for me today.  Kind of bleh.  May be a bit under the weather.

Paul

Are we there yet?

I was on the fence with the 8k but opted for the fellowship of the idiots run vac and dash instead.. We'll see how it goes
        theyapper

On the road again...

I was on the fence with the 8k but opted for the fellowship of the idiots run vac and dash instead.. We'll see how it goes

Awesome!  You're coming to my neck of the woods.  You'll have a blast!

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

5 rainy miles today.

Paul

Are we there yet?

Awesome!  You're coming to my neck of the woods.  You'll have a blast!

Yup sure am.. vac and dash fellowship of the idiots here I come! 4:15am departure from the casa phew!

Sleepy in here. Smile

Some 800 repeats for me WED night, an easy 4 yesterday at lunch, and a crappy 3 this morning.  Forecast for tomorrow morning: 37* with light winds picking up.  Just the way I want to approach a race.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Are we there yet?

Hope the winter flight 8k went well guys! Mt Morrow kicked by tail prob be sore 'morrow.
                  theyapper

On the road again...

Hope the winter flight 8k went well guys! Mt Morrow kicked by tail prob be sore 'morrow.

Good job, Mike.  How's it feel to officially be an idiot? Wink

I got to see Richard and his wife briefly before the Winter Flight race.  I'm not sure how his race turned out, but I am thrilled with mine.  Goal was to go under 40:00 and I wasn't sure how to pace because I've never run the course.  Thankfully I ran into another friend before the race who had run it twice before and he was able to talk me through the course - where the hills were and when I could turn on some speed.  Only problem is that he didn't tell me about the hill at the end, and it caught me off guard.  Still, came home strong with a 39:04.

Paul

old-runner

Good race Paul and good to see you. I looked around for you at the starting line but I guess it was a little crowded so I didn't spot you.

I got 3rd place in 55-59 age group with a 34:21. That's a tough race... lots of competition for sure and quite a few hills.

Good races Richard and Paul, that marathon training is paying off isn't it.

theyapper

On the road again...

Yes.  Plus, I've been doing tempo runs once a week and today's race was just what I'd expected.  Tempo runs are hard work, but they have helped my body get "used" to running faster.

Paul

@Mike: nice run, idiot.  Was that a race, or do you always run your 19-milers that fast? Surprised

@Richard: nice race.

@Paul: good work!  Are the tempos just getting you used to running hard, or do you think they're helping you dial in paces better -- i.e., read your body and find the fastest pace you can sustain for a given distance?

I posted a 20:41, but I thought the race effort/quality was better than the 20:16 I ran last month.  My time goals probably weren't realistic given the terrain and impending head cold, but I'm learning little by little how to run these things.  Bright side!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Great races for all of ya'll.  Nice work.  Making me feel slow!