Lpadg 16.5 mi 2:23:28
    rossruns 15.4 mi 2:10:35
    Happyfeet 14.5 mi 2:16:00
    jdbrown 13.5 mi 2:04:40
    alholley 12.6 mi 1:48:03
    ChakaKahn 6 mi 0:00
    theyapper66 3.2 mi 32:41

Last week's race results:

• old-runner-- 31DEC2011 -- Freedom Park New Year's Ultra Run (HM) (Morganton NC) -- RESULT = 1:38:nn.
    • old-runner-- 01JAN2012 -- First Footin' 5-Miler (Huntersville NC) -- RESULT = DNS

This week's planned races:

• old-runner -- 07JAN2012 -- Resolution Run HM (Travelers Rest SC) -- Goal = sub-1:40.  RESULT = 1:38:37.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

rossruns

Happy New Year everyone! I hope 2012 lets you hit all your mileage, time, and/or placement goals while remaining injury-free!

Thanks, Ross!  I'm backing off the races for a bit and working on building my base back up.  I'd like to be in shape to handle a strong summer/fall workload in preparation for a fast late-fall marathon.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

No backing off for me. I'm afraid if I stop I won't be able to get going again!

This weekend is my first half marathon of the year: the Resolution Run Half Marathon in Travelers Rest, South Carolina...

http://www.ymcagreenville.org/resolution-run.php

My goal is just to break 1:40 and that might not be too easy. It's a fairly tough course with the last 4 miles or so a gradual upward incline that killed me last year. It was my second slowest half marathon of 2011 at a time of 1:45:46 so I need to knock off about 6 minutes from last year's time. Not too sure I can do that.

atomno2

With the holiday I was lazy and did not get my runs uploaded.  I had two runs that were not counted for.  A 5 mile recovery and a 16 mile long.  It brought my weekly total to 42.  Also I had my longest month ever! 189.3!!

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

How was everyone dealing w/the cold (and wind)? The first 2 miles of my runs I could not feel my feet?

Rob

atomno2

I wait and run about 5pm. Yesterdays run was not to fun but todays was not to bad. Looking forward to a warm up this weekend!

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

I just pretend it's not bitterly cold.  And I curse liberally.

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Great weather today! I made my goal of cracking 1:40 in the Travelers Rest Resolution Run Half Marathon... 1:38:37. Bunch o' hills!

Congrats on another good race!

-- Dick LeBeau

Way to run Richard.  You make it seem easy.