Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 11/1/2010 (Read 258 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Wow.  It's November.  Last week was a cutback for me, and also a race week for many here.  Great showing by the Charlotte group around the area, and good, solid running all around.  I enjoyed the gold star for the week, and will now give it back to CB, who will need to buy a new display case for all his gold stars soon.  Wink

NameDistance ▼Time
    CarolinaBlue 54.1 Mi 7:24:17
    ChakaKahn 48.8 Mi 6:01:12
    theyapper66  36.3 Mi 5:56:58
    CliveFenster 35.9 Mi 5:15:20
    Lpadg 31.5 Mi 4:47:58
    cpaterun 30.5 Mi 4:48:59
    old-runner 25.2 Mi 3:37:09
    asdg123 23 Mi 3:41:44
    Docster 22.5 Mi 3:08:58
    Happyfeet 21.2 Mi 3:22:20
    runslikeafraggle 4.5 Mi 43:43

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

under a rock

Look at my sad single digit week! High hopes for this week. I did nearly 3 miles this morning with no pain or tightness in my IT band! Looks like the light at the end of the tunnel is getting closer. I probably could have gone longer but didn't want to push it and just be happy with such a good size jump since my last run.

Are we there yet?

SUNDAY RACES CLOCKS FALL BACK 1 HOUR.. dont forget Richard

an extra hour to toss and turn Joking

old-runner

Mike... I appreciate that... I hadn't thought about the time change at all. I guess I would have figured it out before then but you never know. I'll bet with 40,000 runners there'll be some showing up an hour early.

Ashley... I hope that your transmutation from girl to fraggle hasn't affected your running abilities! (i.e. runslikeagirl>runslikeafraggle)

under a rock

Ashley... I hope that your transmutation from girl to fraggle hasn't affected your running abilities! (i.e. runslikeagirl>runslikeafraggle)

LOL! I don't think it has but it might make falling down less painful since Fraggles are soft and floppy.

theyapper

On the road again...

My weekly schedule is getting all out of whack this week.  I don't feel like I've got any handle on when I'm doing what, and I've got a 20 miler on the week-end.  I stretched my 5 mile run into a 10k today.  Kind of a fartlek run since I ran it faster than I would an easy run, even though it never really felt difficult.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Richard/Mike - best of luck this weekend at the NYC Marathon.  Weather appears to be cooperating (40's and no rain).

How have everyone's workouts been going in the (unpleasantly) colder weather this week (I saw forecast of high 20's Sat morning!)?

Rob

Monday and Wednesday were great for me.  Had to run inside tonight. I started dabbling with a little barefoot running on the treadmill for strength training too. I guess a small amount, with some buildup, might build some strength.  It feels good on a treadmill, and I have to pull all kinds of tricks out to make myself keep running on one. 

Paul, the OCD-ness in me keeps me pretty much dead-on my training schedule.  Wife/son/work are the major forces that can prompt workout juggling.

Rob, I'm enjoying and, at the same time, disliking the temperature swings.  Mostly enjoying, but I have this irrational fear that I'm going to get a cold from it.  (Not from the enjoyment, mind you, but from exposure to the swings in temperature.)

Mike/Richard: good luck this weekend!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I've been absent on this forum for a couple of weeks, as my running is not what I hoped it'd be right now.  Running the Dowd half tomorrow, and while I don't have any expectations on how it'll go, sure hope for a PR at least (1:51:15), all this marathon training (haphazard it might be) has to mean something.  

Why does it have to be so cold on the day of my last workout before the marathon?

Good luck Mike, Richard, and Shashi!

Well, that was kind of disappointing, in that the result was fine as I did not push too hard and treated the HM as a long run at MP, but seems to have picked up a mild case of PF during the race, and after today's easy 8 miler (at home of all places, while just standing, reaching for something), popped something in my foot.  Unable to walk right now, Sure hope it clears up soon. 

... (at home of all places, while just standing, reaching for something), popped something in my foot.  Unable to walk right now, Sure hope it clears up soon. 

I had something similar happen in my hip earlier this week.  Mine resolved itself in a handful of days, getting better with each passing day.  Fingers crossed that yours does the same.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Shashi, I hope its a short-term thing (do you wear orthotics or Superfeet btw?)?  It was really (really) cold this evening.  First time I've had to wear long sleeves since last winter on a run. Very glad to see that things will be warming back up on Monday. 

Rob

Well, that was scary yesterday, but looks like a bad cramp/mild strain.  I had to rush to the hospital for an emergency (kid swallowed something) after the 8 mile run, and did not eat/drink/stretch for a couple of hours, so could have been dehydration, but suprised that a small muscle in the foot decided to do this and thankfully not any of the big ones.

While I can still feel it this morning, am able to walk with a small limp, so looking good so far.  One of those phantom injuries of the taper I keep hearing about Confused

Saw Richard's and Mike's results,  Mike, nice even splits.  Richard looks like had a tougher time.