Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 07/13/09 (Read 244 times)

old-runner

Hey Folks... Guess I'll start this since nobody else did. I decided to add the year since we're starting to overlap last year.

Who's doing what this week?

Ashley... how's the hip?

Shashi... are we meeting Tuesday night for a run?

Anybody else doing anything interesting? I'm planning on running a 5k race in Loudon, Tennessee this weekend... wherever that is!

I'll meet you at 8:00 tonight as usual.  I am probably running the Blue RIdge Relay in September and need to run some mileage if I hope to survive.

under a rock

My hip is feeling so much better. I'm doing my stretches religiously and am using the foam roller several times a day. I will plan on doing a very short run Friday to see how it holds up. Other than that I only have plans to swim this week.
        old-runner

Ashley, I really do hope you get better and are able to run. The Gastonia running community (such as it is) needs you!

Shashi... sounds good... we'll meet at the sign at 8:00. Maybe we'll mix up the route a little this week eh?

Actually if you want to we can get over to the greenway.   We can also run on the other side of redbud road (my usual routes) Any suggestions?
            theyapper

On the road again...

Sounds like good plans for runs this week.  I got in a nice 3.5 miles yesterday and another 5 or so today.  This is my last "low mileage" week before I venture into the 30s and stay there or higher for quite some time.

Have a good one, all!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Paul... so is this the beginning of your marathon training? I was just reading somewhere this week about the Richmond marathon being the friendliest marathon. I'm almost tempted to run it myself, but I think I'd better stay in the 13.1 neighborhood, as I'm not too big on the pain and suffering these days.

Shashi... the greenway sounds good. Maybe we could start at Lineberger Park and run to the end and maybe go up the hill and keep going until we've run for 30 minutes then turn around so we'll get an hour in.

Any chance you can make it a little earlier like 7:30 or 7:45? If so, just say the time and I'll be there then. 8:00 will be fine too but it's really dark by that time so maybe we'd just want to run 4 miles if we wait that late. You tell me... I'm okay either way.

I'll try to get there by 7:45.  If I am not there already, go ahead and start the run and turn around at the mile.  I should be there by 8:00 at most.
                  old-runner

That sounds like a plan, so just start running if you're later than 7:45 and I'll meet you somewhere in that first mile.

theyapper

On the road again...

Paul... so is this the beginning of your marathon training? I was just reading somewhere this week about the Richmond marathon being the friendliest marathon. I'm almost tempted to run it myself, but I think I'd better stay in the 13.1 neighborhood, as I'm not too big on the pain and suffering these days.

This is actually the start of my 3rd week, but the first 3 weeks had mileage close to what I've been running. Weeks 4-18 are all going to be in the 30s and 40s.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Seems to be a quiet week on the boards - I trust it's been a busy week of running for everyone.  I finished up a nice 5 mile pace run this morning, but I could feel the heat and humidity.  I will be loving the fall when it gets here!

Paul

under a rock

I did a short run this morning. The hip felt pretty good. I'll try 2 miles on my next run.

Ashley, glad to hear that you are back running. 

I am training for the Blue Ridge Realy in September, so planning on doing a lot of doubles in August, so maybe a morning and an evening run 3 days a week, plus a long run Saturday mornings.   Will see if my body holds up.  My ankle has been bothering me a bit.

theyapper

On the road again...

Good job on the run, Ashley.  Glad there wasn't any pain.

Finished my week off with 6.35 miles at a slow, easy pace.  Felt awesome.

Paul

old-runner

Good to see everybody's up and running, and especially glad to hear Ashley ran without hurting!

My 5k in Loudon, Tennessee was canceled so instead I ran a 13.8 mile long run (out and back) on the Knoxville Greenway. It was fantastic and I don't think I covered even half of the greenway. Great place the run!

It's the first time I missed racing on a weekend since one cold January morning when it was freezing and I just rolled over and went back to sleep. I hate when that happens!