Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 3/28/2011 (Read 255 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Hello, all.  Congrats to Richard for helping to set some kind of insane world record this weekend.  I had a fantastic race in DC and came home with a new shiny PR.

I did a nice 4 miles of recovery and wrote my lengthy race novel report.

A Tale of PRs, Pee and Puke (Almost)

Last week's totals showed Mike killing it again.

ChakaKahn 64.2 mi 5:06:00
    nanxin 52.1 mi 7:23:16
    CarolinaBlue 40 mi 5:19:21
    theyapper66  28.4 mi 4:09:17
    Happyfeet 27.3 mi 4:18:27
    Docster 12.3 mi 1:43:10
    old-runner 11.9 mi 1:47:44
    alholley 10.3 mi 1:36:57
    runslikeafraggle 10.3 mi 2:09:04

And the Goes To...

theyapper66: It's hard to give this to myself, but I'll take it.  I worked hard for it.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Congrats on the race Paul... you deserve the blue ribbon so don't feel guilty or self-absorbed (we understand).

Yep, I did my part in setting the world record in the 100 x 5k relay... and still only ran 11.9 miles all week!

Are we there yet?

Sub 1:50.. well done in DC paul. Is the race report up yet?
        theyapper

On the road again...

Sub 1:50.. well done in DC paul. Is the race report up yet?

Yep. Link is up top.

Paul

under a rock

Just read your repor. Congrats! I'm sure it's a race you won't soon forget for many reasons. I know I won't forget about the Pee in public guy. I think the part I found most strange was that he gave you the bottle.

Paul I am sad that you lost your innocence on that otherwise memorable race.

theyapper

On the road again...

Just read your repor. Congrats! I'm sure it's a race you won't soon forget for many reasons. I know I won't forget about the Pee in public guy. I think the part I found most strange was that he gave you the bottle.

Ha!  Thankfully it was before, and not after. Tight lips

Paul

nanxin

A Tale of PRs, Pee and Puke (Almost)

"14 minute improvement over my previous best", That's kicking!  Well done and Congrats.

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

theyapper

On the road again...

Thanks for the kudos, everyone.  Trying to get back at it this week, and yet take it somewhat easy since I've got the Bridge Run Saturday.  Did a nice 5 miles today and didn't even get wet.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

I know Mike is running the Bridge Saturday.  Anyone else besides the 2 of us (and the 38,998 others I don't know)?

Paul

Are we there yet?

Sorry its been a while guys.

huge PR today 35:45

been busy as I started my own company.. take a peek.

www.facebook.com/WhyMarathon

www.WhyMarathon.com

Gotta run

hope everyone stays healthy!!

Mike, that's an incredible PR.  Congratulations.   I like the website also. I hope I find some marathon inspiration, cause I'm definitely gonna do one.  I still don't run the miles to allow me to race one, but I will.  I've been thinking about.

Guys and gals, like Mike,  I've also been out of action for a while.  I was sick a few weeks ago and missed  about 4 + weeks of training.  I've since lost my brother, and I'm now dealing with that.  I've got my hands full right now, but I'll be here in spirit. 

My next race is the RaceFest 10k, with a 45 min goal, but I lost so much training time, I have no clue where I'm at and don't really care.  I did run a 6 mile run today that felt good, so I'm optimistic. It feels good to be back!

under a rock

Lynwood, I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad you are back to running and can find enjoyment in it. Good luck with RaceFest.

Lynwood,

sorry for your loss. Glad to hear that your in good health and recovered...and that your starting to run again.

Rob

old-runner

Lynwood... Glad to see things are getting back to normal for you. I'm looking forward to doing the 10k at Racefest too so I'll see you there. 

Yesterday I ran the Knoxville Half Marathon with my 23-year-old grandson. He had never run a race before and didn't train for this one, but he's a great athlete -- 1st team All State wide receiver in high school then a 4-year starter for the Division II King's College baseball team, where he batted .370 last year. But as we know, all of that's different than long distance running.

So anyway, I thought a little family bonding might be in order and decided to stick with him for the whole race even if we had to walk half of it. Things turned out great considering the lack of training and we finished in 1:59:08, which along the way we decided would be a good goal (finishing under 2 hours).

It's the first time I ever ran WITH somebody else in a race and it was nice not to worry about times or anything, but just run and do the distance.