Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 10/4 (Good buddy) (Read 198 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Ahh...a little CB humor to kick the new week off!  This is gonna be a perfect weather week for running in the Carolinas!  Hopefully  we'll pull off equal or even better numbers than last week, which was pretty impressive.  Someday, maybe I'll get to keep my gold star, but again it goes to CarolinaBlue.  Congrats!

NameDistance ▼Time
    CarolinaBlue 54.1 Mi 7:11:27
    Happyfeet 49.7 Mi 7:48:17
    old-runner 44.2 Mi 6:55:26
    CliveFenster 43.7 Mi 6:10:51
    theyapper66  42.5 Mi 7:22:03
    ChakaKahn 36.6 Mi 4:30:55
    cpaterun 31.1 Mi 5:02:42
    runslikeagirl 26.2 Mi 5:18:33
    chuckplayer 25.3 Mi 3:23:11
    asdg123 25.2 Mi 4:02:22
    Lpadg 21.4 Mi 3:13:14
    Docster 17.6 Mi 2:24:14

This week is a cutback for me, so I'll be a bit down in mileage.  After this week, though, I'll be halfway through my training plan!

MTA: Clive's marathon mileage.  Great job!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Clive - Great job on your marathon.  Sorry to read about the cramps and the oh-so-close BQ try.  Hope I can do half as well on my next marathon attempt as you did!

Hoping to get 8-9 miles in later on this cool morning.

Paul

Paul: update your list, please. Big grin

I didn't run yesterday ... and I'm not running today, either.  Going down stairs without having to do them backwards is my training "victory" for today!

Enjoy the cooler weather, y'all!  (When did that cooler weather come in?)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Updated for ya'.  Again, good race.

Put in my 9 easy miles, which in the cooler temps ended up being a pace run.  Love, love, love this weather!

Paul

It was actually "chilly" this evening when I ran my warm-up and cool-down (surreal for Charlotte in early Oct).  I've had to wear a shirt for the first time in many months for five consecutive days!  Looks like warmer weather headed into the weekend.

Clive/Cliff -- you were so close, are you going to go re-engage & target another marathon this fall, cut back and race shorter races, take a siesta or?

Rob

I'm undecided.  Boston will be full before I'm ready to try again this fall (probably at Thunder Road), so there's no great allure there.  But I hate to waste my current fitness.  I may do some sharpening after my recovery, then see if I can post a really low HM PR at Thunder Road.

I am running tomorrow (technically: today), though!  It's not going to be pretty.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Went out for an easy 4 miles this morning and found myself running a lot faster than normal at the same effort.  Amazing what 41F temps and a few downhill stretches can do for your pace.  Big grin

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Quiet here today.  I enjoyed a nice rest day from training, and to celebrate I did a little over 3.5 with the XC team.  Had a great time!

Paul

Paul, you're right about the weather.  I ran a hilly 4 mile Thursday run at what I thought was my easy pace and ran about 3 minutes faster than normal.  It's nice out there for sure.

I guess I got used to running in 80+ weather, while the current temps sure are good for my running time, fells chilly anytime It gets under 70 in the evening after sunset. 

On a side note my run last night was tough (dead legs), I guess the prior ad hoc tempos in cool weather are catching up to me.  Need to watch out, and not go all out every run.

Is anyone running the Lung strong 15K next Saturday.  This is one my my tune up races (the other on is the Dowd Y Half on Nov 6) , so will be on tired legs.

Shashi, I wish I was. I'll be out of town. I was undertrained last year for that race but enjoyed the course. Enjoy those rolling hills. It makes for a great training race. I paid for my speedy run last night. Had to cut my 8 miler to 4 today.

Anyone racing this weekend?  I can't wait to see how we all respond to the 80 degree temps over the next several days (six weeks ago 80 seemed "chilly"!).  Ran my cool-down around 9pm and it felt downright "chilly" again (with the temp only at 63 degrees).

Rob

No racing for me.  Throwing a party for my wife this weekend and continuing my slow path to recovery.  I may run the 5k and/or 10k in Lake Norman the day before Halloween, and I'll very likely race the HM at Thunder Road.

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

No racing here, either.  I'm headed over to TN until Monday for a speaking engagement, but I did get 12.1 miles in this morning.  It was chilly.

Paul