Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 5/11 (Read 189 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Had a nice 5 mile run yesterday and hoping for another 3-4 miles today. Weather sure is good for running. Here's a picture of me and the family before we took off on our family 5k this past week-end. That was fun. It was the first time any of them had run a race and they all did great. I finished last! Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Congratulations on getting the whole family out there Paul! Wish I had been able to do that when my kids were at the age where I could still influence them. Nice picture! I hope you can keep them running... what a great way for a family to spend time together. I've got this devious plan to start bribing my 1-year-old grandson to start running when he gets old enough. Figured I'd give him a dollar a mile up to 25 a week, at least until he likes it enough to run on his own. It's probably a less than desirable way to influence a kid to run, so maybe I'll just start off by just inviting him to run with me for free (I won't mention the dollar per mile unless I get desperate).
        Great picture and a great run. Congratulations.