Charlotte, NC area runners

LungStrong 15K (Read 219 times)

Richard, it was good to see you again.   I can see you are still running strong for sure. 

I was able to work up to 26 miles last week, which was probably too much of a jump from my 15 - 18 average.  I finished last week with a group run out at Ann Springs Close Greenway in Ft. Mill let by Marcus Barton.  He's a duathalete and raced in the nationals earlier this year.  He's putting on a duathalon next month and led the group run to show the course.  That was fantastic.  Not too technical of a course either.  It was amazing how much easier that felt on my legs.  We did about 5 miles of trails.  I will do more of that.

The race today was a nice course, but one of the toughest I've run.  I don't think anything was level for the 9.3 miles.  I averaged 8:30 for the first five then I died.  The rolling hills took it out of me.  Great training run for Thunder Road though which is what I need.  I haven't run 9 miles but once this year so I'm glad I did it.  I'll keep building,  getting ready for the December race.

See ya at the next one.  I'm going to run the TurkeyTrot Thanksgiving morning in Charlotte.  That's one of the best races in the area I think. 

Hope everybody else is running well!  Everybody got quiet.  Ya'll must be sneaking up on Richard or something. 

Lynwood

old-runner

Hey Lynwwood... it was good to see you too! That was a great race but a little chilly after it was over. I kind of liked those short hills because they weren't too hard to get to the top of, then I got a little rest on the way down. Great scenery along the way for sure.

Glad you're leg is feeling better. I'll keep and eye out for you at Thunder Road. As you know though, that race is so big it's hard to see anybody for all the people (kinda like forests and trees!). One thing I'll do for sure is try to work my way towards the front if it's possible. In last year's Thunder Road I started out about halfway back and it was gridlock for the whole race. Kind of hard to make much progress when that happens.

As I was saying to you at the race this morning, I hate to see this Charlotte forum on Running Ahead die out. It's small but hopefully over time if we'll hang in there some other people in the Charlotte area will join us.

So what's everybody else up to??

Richard, Not sure if you are still checking this forum.  I am back from India and planning on running the DOWD Y Half next weekend.  My time will probably suck as I have not put in a run longer than 7 miles in 2 months.  See you there.  If I miss you at the half, maybe I'll run into you at the Spencer mountain 10.

Shashi

old-runner

Hey Shashi... Glad to have you back! We need to get together and run some... it's been kind of lonely out there! I do still check this forum everybody, still hoping we can keep it going.

I won't make the Dowd run next week... I'll be at the Vulcan Run in Birmingham, AL. I'm doing the Spencer Mountain 10-miler though so I'll see you there. I drove over the course the other day and it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered. The hill at the end is a big one but do-able it seems. Or maybe I'll find out differently when I run it!

See you soon.