old-runner 33.3 mi 5:09:11
    Lpadg 30.5 mi 4:47:33
    atomno2 19.7 mi 3:28:15
    CliveF 16.8 mi 2:30:56
    alholley 15.1 mi 2:19:02
    rossruns 8 mi 1:10:42
    SForrester 7.5 mi 52:48
    runslikeafraggle 2.8 mi 37:05

Nice and cool in the mornings now -- enjoy!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Shashi,

do you have a race report fr the BRR? How did the team do? How about yourself? The first leg there is significant downhill (how did that feel)? Were you able to run on the course or did you (or a teammate run off course)? Anyone run off the road?

Richard,

how did you do in your race this weekend?

Rob

old-runner

Richard,

Good 5k for me... my second best time of the year. Finished 5th overall in 20:13 at the Big Red Shoe 5k in Charlotte and I ran the 1k with my 3-year-old grandson Jonas (along with his dad and mom) in his first race ever.

Jonas holding his dad's hand in his first race.

Congrats Richard.  Sounds like a great race.

Shashi,

do you have a race report fr the BRR? How did the team do? How about yourself? The first leg there is significant downhill (how did that feel)? Were you able to run on the course or did you (or a teammate run off course)? Anyone run off the road?

Richard,

Believe it or not, but I am still not caught up on my sleep.  I did not sleep well that whole week because of various reasons and the night before the race had a total of 2 hours sleep to start driving at 3:00 AM to get to the start.

The day could n't have been more perfect for running, with the start temps at 55 and it stayed in the 50's the whole day1. Clouds rolled in by the afternoon and kept the temps cool.  

I was very apprehensive of trying an Ultra, as during training anytime ran a second run within about 5-6 hours of a run I could feel it and I had to do this a total of 6 times possibly more as one of our runners had ITB problems and was not sure if she could run at all.

My taper and cool temps at the start after the miserable summer meant I really overdid the first leg, and I ran it about a minute faster than a year ago when I ran only 3 legs total.  I was planning to keep this at about 30 minutes for 4 miles and it came out at 27:06, knew my day would get very long after that.  Here are some pics from leg 1.  As I update this Novella I'll Upload some more pics.

Out Team at the Start  

One of the Awesome views from the first leg

Views

Sunrise

Sunrise

Finish of Leg 1

Leg 1 Finish