Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 4/13 (Read 212 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Spring has sprung! With any luck, I'll see my biggest running week this week since I put in an extra 3.5 miles yesterday (I chart my weeks Sun-Sat). I'm hoping to tap it out over 35 miles, but we'll see. Any races this week for our Charlotte runners?

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

This is one of the biggest race weeks of the year. I think there are about a half dozen races within 50 miles of Charlotte. The biggest is Charlotte Racefest at South Park, which had about 2,000 finishers combined last year for the 10k and half marathon... http://www.charlotterunning.com/racefest/results.asp I'm running in Gastonia in the Run for the Money 5k, which had about 700 finishers last year. Here's a link to that one... http://www.cfgaston.org/runforthemoney/default.aspx I did my longest run yesterday (20 miles) before the New Jersey marathon in 3 weeks. My legs feel fine but my shoulders are burnt all to heck. I decided to wear a singlet and didn't use any sunscreen on my milky white skin... ouch! Think I'll just go back to wearing a T-shirt. Embarrassed

Are we there yet?

The biggest is Charlotte Racefest at South Park, which had about 2,000 finishers combined last year for the 10k and half marathon...
        I am looking forward to the Charlotte Racefest and a new PR for the HM. I too put in a nice 20 this weekend in preparation for the Buffalo Marathon 5/24. Good Luck in NJ, I used to live there and you might consider a PR if you run through some of the wrong neighborhoods Big grin Also the Gastonia race my wife did last year and it was a great turnout, minus huffing some mufflers on the road.
        old-runner

Hey Mike, Thanks for joining the Charlotte area runners forum and also for the friend request on Athlinks! Good luck on the HM PR this weekend. I looked at your race times and it looks like you can fly so I'm sure you'll have no problem (easy for me to say). I lived in Paterson, New Jersey when I was a kid and I know what you mean about some of the neighborhoods. I don't think Long Branch is quite as rowdy but I'm wearing my running shoes the whole time just in case (and because I'm packing lightly). I hope some of the others in this forum will take a look at Athlinks and give it a try. What a great site for runners.
            Welcome Mike. Nothing like more fast inspiration for me! Paul, I had signed up for the Racefest Half this Saturday. I decided after Monday to stop running until race day to see if my calf would heal by then. I should have done it before now actually. I do plan on getting a PR despite the lack of long runs and any real distance. We'll see what happens. Good luck for all the racers! Richard, I checked out your runner's website. Looks like Facebook for runners I guess. Very nice. Brian, on your friend list, is a runner friend of mine here on Thursday's actually. I'll see him tomorrow most likely.