nanxin 27.7 mi 4:02:53
    SForrester 21.4 mi 2:52:55
    Happyfeet 17.4 mi 2:48:05
    rossruns 17.2 mi 2:25:30
    Lpadg 12.7 mi 1:54:23
    theyapper66 9.2 mi 1:34:36
    jdbrown 3.3 mi 26:50

Last weeks' race results:

• CliveF -- 03DEC2011 -- Holiday 5k (Huntersville NC) -- Goal: (a) sub-20; (b) blow up.  RESULT = 20:36
    • old-runner -- 04DEC2011 -- Sam's 5k (Honolulu HI) -- Goal: not melt.  RESULT = 20:34

This week's planned races:

[*crickets chirping*]

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Nice week, y'all!  Mike and nanxin are back on the road, Carolina Blue is cranking it up, the monkeys didn't take Happyfeet's legs or mojo, and Thunder Road didn't leave atomno2 or rossruns the worse for wear.  Even Paul's logging some miles again!

The short story on my 5k last Saturday: I ran hard, had much more even splits than past races, and *almost* reeled in the much younger guy who was just a handful of seconds ahead of me after ~1500m into the race.  The HM course was certified and that dictated where the Start and Finish lines were located, and my meticulous online measuring keeps coming up as a long 5k course.  So I'm pretty happy with the time and especially the effort.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Congrats on your race Clive... I see we were pretty close on our race times. These days I'm happy with any sub-21 time for a 5k. I had a great time in Hawaii but ate terribly and I'm hoping I can recover from the bad diet by this Saturday. I'll run a race this weekend but I'm not sure which one. The one at the speedway looks pretty good...

http://charlotte.speedwaycharities.org/events/speed_for_children_in_need/

old-runner

A week with no posts???

I hope everybody didn't retire from running over the past two weeks!

atomno2

I was thinking the same thing.  Funny thing, is the last time I was starting to get excited about my progress, the same lull happen.  It may be me???

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

old-runner

Haha... I don't think it's you Adam... probably just that time of the year. I'm going to create a separate post about the McAdenville run(s) this week. I saw your name on the Maybe list on Facebook... hope you'll make it!

atomno2

Richard, I wanted to make it on Thursday, but not sure now.  I was hoping my wife would come down and run but she wont be able to. I also will be doing 11 tomorrow and supposed to have a rest day on Thursday and to tell the truth I am looking forward to it.  

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen