Charlotte, NC area runners

Upcoming races and goals (Read 732 times)

Mary

I did run the race last year and it was cut short.  However, I have been running the event for several years and I have not had any disappointments with the race until last year.  It is usually a fairly flat course.  

There is also another Turkey Trot in Charlotte, NC.  I have never heard any feedback from the event, but here is the link if you are interested.

http://www.charlotteturkeytrot.com/

Run Long, and Prosper!

December 2012

January 2013

1/5 - Joe in Raleigh - Ocean Isle Bridge Run for Food Half Marathon - Ocean Isle Beach, NC - Goal: 1:45

1/12 - Joe in Raleigh - Disney Half Marathon - Orlando, FL - Goal: No goal, just have fun

1/13 - Joe in Raleigh - Disney Marathon - Orlando, FL - Goal: No goal, just have fun

February 2013

2/2 - Joe in Raleigh - Uwharrie Mountain 40 - Uwharrie National Forest - Goal: 9:37:00

March 2013

April 2013

4/6 - Joe in Raleigh - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC - Goal: 24:00:00

4/? - Tar Heel MomMy - Chapel Hill, NC - Goal: ?

May 2013

June 2013

6/? - Tar Heel Mom - Hatfield & McCoy Marathon - WV/KY - Goal: ?

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Tar Heel Mom

kween

My next race will be the Tar Heel 10-miler in April.

Then I think I am going to WV/KY to run Hatfield-McCoy with a bunch of friends from all over the country.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Run Long, and Prosper!

Tar Heel Mom - I've captured your races, the Hatfield/McCoy sounds interesting.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Tar Heel Mom - I've captured your races, the Hatfield/McCoy sounds interesting.

Tar Heel 10 is April 20. Hatfield/McCoy is June 8.

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

THM, I've looked at the Hatfield/McCoy race. Looks interesting. My only 2 races so far are in my sig. I will probably volunteer at the Mill 50k in Feb.

Cindy 

Hey guys, how about we start a "2013 Races" thread and collect everything in there?  I can "sticky" it after it's been created.

(And I can create it, too, but y'all are doing so well with it!)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Tar Heel Mom

kween

THM, I've looked at the Hatfield/McCoy race. Looks interesting. My only 2 races so far are in my sig. I will probably volunteer at the Mill 50k in Feb.

I will probably drive and go up through Winston to pick up a friend of mine. She is also named Cindy but goes by runslikeagirl18 here and on RW. Think about it. Let me know.

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

I will probably drive and go up through Winston to pick up a friend of mine. She is also named Cindy but goes by runslikeagirl18 here and on RW. Think about it. Let me know.

Have you ever been to that area of WV/KY? My mom grew up there. It's different. We always got the biggest kick out of my sis dating a "Hatfield".

Cindy 

aponi

never runs the tangents

ACC 5k tomorrow

Running with the dog so I'm not really concerned about a time. I just want to stick his UNC shirt on him and get his picture with Ramsies. ha

I have the forms for the Tarheel 10 miler and am trying to be brave about it being a week after Racefest. I think we have a group from work doing the corporate cup in March too so it's looking like my plan of finishing that run tomorrow and taking a break is a FAIL. Just as well, taking a break means starting all over to build up the mileage.

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who