Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 6/1 (Read 199 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Welcome to June!  Looks like we completely lost the last week of May on the boards, so we'll pick up here.

I got in a nice 45 minute run this morning covering exactly 4 miles.  Felt great.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I put in a little over 4 myself.  Nice and slow.  Looking to move my mileage back up to 20 this week.
      old-runner

I just signed up with the Charlotte Runners Meetup Group yesterday and hope to meet up and run with some of the Charlotte area runners including our own Lpadg! I'm signed up to run with the group at the Whitewater Center today on the trails. I've never run any trails before so I'm not sure what to expect really. Next week there's a trail race that I'd like to run at Warren Wilson College so we'll see if I have a broken ankle by then or not.

One of the biggest 5k races of the year is happening in Charlotte this coming Saturday -- the King Tiger 5k is (I think) the only double points race in the RFYL Grand Prix.

That looks like a great run Richard.  I've been wanting to do that myself and do a little trail running also.  I hear good things about it.  I've had a weekly guys night out on Tuesday's for about 5 years so I've always missed this trail run.  You might inspire me.  Let me know what you think.

old-runner

Hi Lynwood... Sorry to say you won't get any inspiration from me on the trail run! It was the first time I had run a trail and maybe my last. Too much looking down at my next step so I wouldn't twist an ankle or something. I think I'll just stick with the streets.

Add to that the fact that I was 20 or 30 years older than everybody else and felt a little displaced. Everybody was nice and all that, but I felt a little like I was trying to hang out with my kids, which my kids wouldn't appreciate and their friends would like it even less.