jdbrown 20.8 mi
    fraggle 11.6 mi
    ChakaKahn 10 mi
    theyapper66 7.6 mi
    alholley 7.2 mi

The barn being set afire (metaphorically speaking):

RUNNER DATE RACE DIST LOCATION GOAL RESULT
    Last week:            
    CliveF 15SEP2012 Run For Green 10k Davidson NC sub-42 41:38 (PR by 2:18)
    nanxin 16SEP2012 Erie Marathon at Presque Isle 26.2 Presque Isle PA na 3:20:18

This week:            

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Han ran his marathon this past weekend in Erie PA...

Han,

looked at your log -- did you hit a wall somewhere around mile 22/23? Did you get your BQ? How was the weather and the course (relatively flat? asphalt or trails?)?

Lynwood,

were you near any plane crashes this time out in Reno? How was running out there (is Reno at altitude > 4,000')?

Rob

Rob, running in Reno was great. It makes me want to go back and run the Silver State 50/50 in the spring or around Lake Tahoe. I ran a portion of the half marathon course. I wanted to summit Peavine Mtn which is around 8000 feet or a little more, but my cousin had enough of hills. I could tell even at an easy pace I was at some altitude, but it was manageable. I tried a few times to run hard above 5000, and it didn't last long. Amazed at how quickly I shut down trying that.
        theyapper

On the road again...

Bumping back in after a vacation.  Nothing like running on a ship. Boring.

But the cool morning today was amazing.  Fall is gonna be some kind of fun for running this year!  Had a great 5.4 miler this morning in the 54° weather.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

nanxin

Han ran his marathon this past weekend in Erie PA...

Han,

looked at your log -- did you hit a wall somewhere around mile 22/23? Did you get your BQ? How was the weather and the course (relatively flat? asphalt or trails?)?

Yes, I hit the wall at mile 22 miles, I cannot pick up speed because of cramp, I am 5 minutes short of BQ. The weather was beautiful, the temperature was in mid 50s. I never saw such a flat course, the total climb of the race is only 100 feet, that is because of a bridge. The race is a in state park, asphalt surface, there are lots of shades because of trees on both side of the road. It is list as the top 10 BQ marathon course. I will defiantly run it again. if not because I want to run 10 marathon in 10 different states, 

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

First race in a while for me.  Got to see Shashi crushing the greenway also.

SLR Unsanctioned Race #3 - Paul Ryan Almost Half Marathon

Everybody got a PR!

Paul Ryan Race time for the "half" - 1:10:17 at a 5:22 pace.  They confused me somehow and took 8 seconds away.  I'm considering filing a protest with Vac and Dash.  My time on my watch was 1:36:53. 

How long is the McMullen Creek greenway?  Anybody have a distance?  I thought it was 11.89 but some were saying 11.6. 

Many thanks to Phyllis and the Sunday Long Run Group of the Charlotte Runners for putting on a fun event.  Bill Shires won.  Imagine that.  And he ran 10 miles before the start.

The greenway is 5.8 miles "measured" one way from the mile marker at the start of the greenway (near the water fountain) at Pineville/51 to the end at Rea Road (so 11.6 miles back-n-forth)

Did you actually race it or run it as a group run? How big of a crowd?

How long is the McMullen Creek greenway?  Anybody have a distance?  I thought it was 11.89 but some were saying 11.6. 

Rob

Thanks Rob.  I just ran it as a fun run, figuring it would turn in to a long "tempo" run.  Is there a such thing as a 11.6 mile tempo run?  heh  

I tried to back off a little, but you know how that can go with a large group of runners.  No way did I want to race it.  I didn't want to mess up the rest of my week.  It looks like 96 actually show a time per Vac and Dash.  This was really fun with lots of groups to run with most of the way.  Coming back Ansley and I ran together, as she had stopped at the turn around to stretch. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtDSdsn32CabdGQ1N2h0YnpDN1lYMGhQZ1R5LS1EVUE#gid=0

Fun had by all, with lot's of great food afterwards.