CliveF 25 mi 3:40:40
    SForrester 23.9 mi 3:28:45
    Lpadg 16.5 mi 2:30:45
    jdbrown 15.4 mi 2:00:52
    rossruns 9 mi 1:21:13
    runslikeafraggle 5.5 mi 1:15:56
    alholley 4.5 mi 39:59
    theyapper66 2.4 mi 33:59

We've got some folks putting in some solid work.

I'm running a bit more, and I'm also working our new dog up to being able to run with me for a straight 3-4 miles.  Thinking about opening an account for him here so he can log his runs. Big grin

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

atomno2

Looks like the cooler temps are allowing more work to be put in! I ran the Linconton Apple Festival 5K this weekend and PR'ed!  Was not even planning on running.  Good times, Good times.

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

nanxin

Looks like the cooler temps are allowing more work to be put in! I ran the Linconton Apple Festival 5K this weekend and PR'ed!  Was not even planning on running.  Good times, Good times.

Hi Adam, congratulations on your 5K PR. I saw your VO2Max is getting close to 8:00 pace by couple of months training, way to go.

The passed Saturday is really a perfect day for PRs, I read Richard's blog that he ran the Davison/green half with 1:35:25, a time which is 5 minutes faster than what I want to accomplish this year. Smile

BTW, I ran the hit the brixx 10K, the pizza there is good and I got 3 minutes PR from May. 

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

Great runs Atomno and Nanxin!  Congrats to both of you. 

And Richard too.

Are we there yet?

Great times all around. Smile

Looking forward to the FALL MARATHON SEASON... YES!!!

old-runner

Glad to see everybody doing so well with their races! 

Who's running Lungstrong this year?  Lynwood... that's one you do usually right?

Richard, I really want to run Lung Strong this year.  Haven't signed up but I'm planning on it.  I just got my daughter signed up for middle school cross country so I just have to make sure they don't have some kind of competition that Saturday. 

Are you running it? 

old-runner

Yep, I'm running the 15k. I see it's on nanxin's list too. I remember seeing you out there when I ran it a couple years ago but I don't remember anything about the race itself.

Hope to see you guys out there!

nanxin

Yep, I'm running the 15k. I see it's on nanxin's list too. I remember seeing you out there when I ran it a couple years ago but I don't remember anything about the race itself.

Hope to see you guys out there!

Yes, I will run the 15K, this is my second time, I finished it last year 1:18:00 something, I am expecting big PR this year. Smile

See you guy there!

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

It was nice to see Lynwood tonite at the Wed run (10 came out) as in live and in person. I was going thru his log and the "committee on infractions" needs to admonish him because it seems he forgot to post a workout to his log from last Friday -- the stride/sprint he did (probably at 3:00 min p mile pace or faster) to dodge the plane that crashed in Reno! I was talking to one of the runners after I finished this evening and I remember Lynwood saying he was going to Nevada last week, so I said (not really believing it) "was he at that air show", and the answer was yes, and not only that, he was very close to Ground Zero (as was confirmed by the living and breathing Lynwood). Wow!  I think all of us here would agree that if he was not so fortunate, that we would have posted 1 mile p week in his log so that he would still appear posthumously in the weekly totals (and maybe, award him a silver star or blue ribbon). I think Richard was willing pitched in a GCR (Gaston County Runners) t-shirt to the family where it would be presented and folded similar to how one folds an American flag for a veteran at the funeral ceremony.

Rob

Thanks Rob. That is funny and I appreciate the awards I might have won. I am one lucky individual and thankful I didn't get hit. Originally I was sitting about 50 feet away from the point of impact. Moved down maybe 200 to 300 feet and still had a little metal flying by but slow enough I could have dodged it if necessary. Most people told me I couldn't have run, but sure would have tried. Hate to hear an 11th person died.

under a rock

Glad to hear you are okay, Lynnwood. What a scary and tragic situation to have witnessed.

old-runner

Whoa Lynwood... Close call... glad to hear you made it without getting injured or worse.