Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 10-16 DEC 2012 (Read 232 times)

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

I would love to, but I work every Sunday.  I appreciate the invite!   If there is ever a Saturday run, I may tag along.

Cindy 

Ashley, I'll try to make that soon. I've been trying to work the schedule so I could.

With this event, we started at Crowders and the climb for a couple of miles.  We ended at Lake Crawford after running Ridgeline.  The last miles into SC were great after running the hills. 

MTA: I remembered something I thought was funny about the event.  It was set up like a laid back ultra event even though we were only running a little over 12.  At the first aid station at about 5 miles, I was running with the second group.  The guy running the aid station told us we were doing great..."only 15 minutes behind the first place guy, and 8 minutes behind the 2nd place guy."  I laughed out loud at that.  I wasn't sure if he thought that would motivate us or not.

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

I had a good 7 mile trail run today at the greenway in Ft Mill. Just wanted to share...

Cindy 

theyapper

On the road again...

Good job, Cindy!

Knees are a bit sore tonight, but I shouldn't be surprised.  45 miles this week, including about 38 over the past 4 days.  Ran 14 this morning after spending about 4 hours in the yard last night putting out pine straw.  Hammies were already sore when I went out for the long run, so my legs were pretty tired during that run.

Hope everyone's weekend runs go/went well.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Good to hear TWHgal. Paul, you're cranking out some good miles it looks like. Making me feel bad about my lack of them. Heh

Charlotte Running Company has 2 time Olympian, Anthony Famiglietti coming out tonight during our Monday Night Run at 6:30. I would doubt he's gonna run and will probably meet other runners and sell his Reckless Running gear. Come on by if you are nearby. Rob, you better show up or he might start running Mondays and not your Wednesday run.

FWIW, Fam's Reckless Running singlets are VERY well designed and (hand) made.  Feather-light, and they don't shift around on you, no matter how hard you're working.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau