DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

Last week:

old-runner 09FEB2013 Cupid's Cup 5km Charlotte NC 21:00 21:11
    fraggle
    09FEB2013 Expedition Paris Mtn. 10mi Greenville SC fun/finish! DNS?
    CliveF 09FEB2013 Cupid's Cup 5km Charlotte NC 19:15 DNS

Racing and whatnot:

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

This week:            
    Lpadg 16FEB2013 Dasani Myrtle Beach HM Myrtle Beach SC 1:35:00 1:38:54
    old-runner 16FEB2013 Dasani Myrtle Beach HM Myrtle Beach SC 1:38:00 1:35:47

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

under a rock

I was a no show for my race. My left achilles was tender after a long run a few weeks ago so I decided that now was not the best time to do a 10 mile trail race with a really big steep climb. Best to live to run another day.

old-runner

Ashley... Nice to see that you're at least thinking about getting back into the races! Hope you'll come out and run with the Gaston County Runners sometime when you're able to.

Dang Lynwood... You're looking to run a 1:35 at Myrtle Beach this weekend? I'm running too and my goal time is 1:38, or at least I thought it was... Now I'll have to try to beat you! LOL. You've come a long way on your speed since last year and I'm heading in the other direction. I ran the Myrtle Beach half in 1:33:48 last year. I doubt I ever get under 1:35 again, but ya never know. Hope to see you down there!

under a rock

I saw the long run crew on Sunday as I was driving to the grocery store. Shashi and some others were crossing Neal Hawkins, leaving Martha Rivers, just as I was passing by. I should try to get out there for a run with the group sometime soon.

Richard, 1:35 would be a stretch goal for me to be honest. I didn't get my mileage up to where I wanted. Running Thunder Road in November, I felt like I could run 1:38 on a flat course and feel in better shape now. I have a family member that quit running halves 2 years ago and said he would never run another one until somebody in our family beat his time. That's my main goal, to beat his time so he'll have to run again. Ha

Ashley -- smart move, living to run another day!

Lynwood -- MB has pace teams, but they bracket you at 1:30 and 1:45.  Oh well.

"Finding Forrester" -- perhaps our Pfitz 70-mile guy will check in and let us know how it's going ...

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

I probably need to adjust my projected time for the half marathon Saturday. I've spent the last 3 days running 1 mile a day. I think old-timers disease has overtaken me. Myrtle Beach is paid for or I'd back out. I might just walk it or jog slowly if I feel like I can make it 13 miles.

I probably need to adjust my projected time for the half marathon Saturday. I've spent the last 3 days running 1 mile a day. I think old-timers disease has overtaken me. Myrtle Beach is paid for or I'd back out. I might just walk it or jog slowly if I feel like I can make it 13 miles.

Richard, do you have a(nother) physical malady or is it more mental (perhaps burnout or ambivalence)? Last week I thought I was coming down with a cold but things felt different, and on my long run on Sat I was feeling significant pain in my throat, and was diagnosed with a sinus infection (never had this)....I started running again yesterday but my energy is really sapped as if I've recovered fr a bad flu or I have the flu (the meds I'm taking also contribute to this).

Lynwood, good luck on Sat. Do you have anyone who is planning on running your same pace that you can run with? Are you staying at Laura's beach house (Charlotte Runners communal home) where you could be up until all hours on Friday or?

Rob

Run Long, and Prosper!

Richard and Lynwood, good luck in Myrtle Beach this weekend.  Looks like you'll have decent weather (maybe a touch cool). Were either of you signed up for the race in 2010 when it was canceled due to snow? I had friends that were down there for the marathon that year.  Even though it was officially canceled, they and many others ran the course anyway stopping at convenience stores along the way to buy their fluids.

Do any of you participate in group runs on Wednesday nights? If so, what time and where do you meet up?  I'll be in the Charlotte/Monroe area next Wednesday and may have the opportunity to get a run in.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Do any of you participate in group runs on Wednesday nights? If so, what time and where do you meet up?  I'll be in the Charlotte/Monroe area next Wednesday and may have the opportunity to get a run in.

Joe, link to Wed nite group run below if you have the opportunity to run. We start at about 6:30/6:35 and meet in front of the Charlotte Running Company store in Dilworth (on East Blvd). You don't have to sign up for the run to run this (you'll see me pop up here sometime Mon or Tue unless I relapse or get injured and then I'll show up as "Not Attending"). To get a map of the course, go to my log fr last Wed (2/6) and print out the map.

Monroe is a "tough" town -- what brings you there (visiting someone you grew up with who is now in jail, serving out some probation, or spending time in a NC version of "Scared Straight"?

http://www.meetup.com/CharlotteRunners/events/103180972/

Rob

Joe, post up if you're at least 50/50 on a WED run next week.  I can probably work things to escape the office and drive down (for once).

-- Dick LeBeau

Richard, sorry to hear you're not feeling well.  I hope you get better before the start on Saturday.  I was hoping to see you bolt at your 6:15 1st mile pace but understand if you can't this year.

Thanks Rob and Joe.  Rob, we have a large Charlotte Runners group going, with 50+ plus runners, and most of us are staying at the Patricia Grand on the beach for the weekend.  Should be fun.  At least this year I should get more than the 2 hours of sleep I got last year. Yes, there are a few looking to run 1:35 so I've been recruited in that band wagon.  I'll drop off if it doesn't feel right.

I'll try to make the Wednesday run too.

old-runner

I'm feeling much better today (it was a real ailment) so unless I have a relapse I should be okay. I'll look for you at the start Lynwood. For the past year I've been closer to 6:45 in the first mile of most races and of course slow down throughout the race. I know that's not good but that's all I got.

Time to leave... I'm outta here!

I'm feeling much better today (it was a real ailment) so unless I have a relapse I should be okay.

Smile

For the past year I've been closer to 6:45 in the first mile of most races and of course slow down throughout the race. I know that's not good but that's all I got.

Old dog, meet new tricks.

-- Dick LeBeau

I am in a funk.  A couple or three minor head colds over the past couple months; wife is really sick with a sinus infection right now; work stress is hellacious; sleeping poorly ... and I wasn't particularly good at it before.

I have energy to run -- I'm just missing that little bit at the edge that's normally there.  I feel it most when trying to run fast, like the 800s last week.  Oddly, though, I cruised a good 20-30 sec/mi faster with the DART group last SUN, chatted the whole time, and felt great.

Clearly, I need DARTers around me in my workouts and races.

-- Dick LeBeau