amlinz 36 mi 4:19:03
    atomno2 28.5 mi 4:51:32
    CliveF 23.8 mi 3:39:33
    Lpadg 21.4 mi 3:12:52
    runslikeafraggle 15.5 mi 3:17:49
    rossruns 15.2 mi 2:56:31
    jdbrown 7.1 mi 58:39
    nanxin 5 mi 46:10

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Congrats to CarolinaBlue for earning the Gold Star!  You must be in Tip Top shape sans aches and pains!

Good weekend for me... 8th overall of 457 runners in the Komen NC Foothills Race for the Cure and 2nd place in the Masters Division. Not a lot of speedy runners there but I'll take it just the same. It was my fifth straight 5k under 21 minutes, and that's a first for me.

Anybody running the Rocktoberfest Half Marathon or 5k this coming Saturday? I'm running the half.

Are we there yet?

Go Richard!!! Undecided. I may pop in the 5k.. if so, hope to see you! Good luck. 5 in a row sub 21!!

Congrats to CarolinaBlue for earning the Gold Star!  You must be in Tip Top shape sans aches and pains!

Good weekend for me... 8th overall of 457 runners in the Komen NC Foothills Race for the Cure and 2nd place in the Masters Division. Not a lot of speedy runners there but I'll take it just the same. It was my fifth straight 5k under 21 minutes, and that's a first for me.

Anybody running the Rocktoberfest Half Marathon or 5k this coming Saturday? I'm running the half.

Very nice Richard.  I missed quite a few miles the last two weeks due to family circumstances, but I feel good.  I added a lot of Cross Fit workouts to supplement my running and I think I'll be ok for the Thunder Road half.  I have a few weeks left and will try to build up again.  I think I'm gonna brave the traffic and run the Airport Runway 5K in two weeks.  Good luck in the half.

Tonight, Adrian and I braved our Monday Run, and had a good turnout.  I would estimate 25 runners, with a lot of us going to eat afterwards.

Since I need a long race as a prep for my Nov 20 marathon, but can't make it to Rocktoberfest Angry Do you guys know a local (within an hour drive) 15k-13.1 in the next 2 weeks, 10/29 or 11/5.  If not I'd run the 10 K - 5K combo in Huntersville on 10/29, but not ideal.

Hmm.  Just realized they haven't updated the date on the website in a couple of years, though the flyer I have says Oct 29, I sure hope no one shows up on 10/31 for the race

Come up to Huntersville!  Run the two races on the 29th (note the new link and current webpage), and I'll buy you a coffee.  I'll even throw in a doughnut if you let me beat you in the 5k.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Ha, you should be able to beat me in the 5K jogging backwards, your easy run is faster than my Tempo right now.  

The doughnut is tempting and will see you there if you will make me do at least a 2-3 mile coo ldown, I am too lazy to do those after a race.

Well, I'll also make you do the kids' run at 10AM.  (My kid beat me last year; this time around, he's gonna get his little first-grade ass handed to him!)

-- Dick LeBeau

Hey, just so no one else feels left out: come up to Huntersville, run one or both of the Fall Harvest races (and finish behind me if you choose the 5k), and you too can claim your own coffee from me!

-- Dick LeBeau

Richard,

thanx! I hope to get into "Tip Top" shape in the future. I just "built up" to 6 days of running p week at the end of Sept (that extra 6th day of running and the gradual build-up of my long run has allowed me to get my weekly mileage over 50). This week I have a planned cut-back week as part of my long-term injury prevention plan. I still have that groin injury to deal with which has limited my ability to run at faster paces (although in today's workout I was able to run at Mile pace w/out pain or stress for the first time so hopefully this may be a good omen).  Congrats to you on your race over the weekend...its not fair that a (41 yr old) kid beat you out for #1 Masters!

Cliff/Clive (or vice versa),

its good to hear that your healthy enough to run a race. Have you been able to run any workouts or tempo runs or is this race your first extended hard effort?

Rob

It'll be my first hard run.  (I've done a couple hill workouts on the bike, but that's not the same thing.)  I mentioned to the coach that I was looking to wedge a tempo run or something into the schedule, just to run hard again and maybe get a sense of my fitness.  His reply: "I think you need to go into this race with absolutely no knowledge if what you can...or can't do."  I suspect he believes the cycling has put me in better shape than I might otherwise think, and that I'd hold myself back based on one crappy tempo run (which it would be).

So I'm gunning for sub-20.  If it's going to be bad, I may as well shoot for a PR.  Cool

-- Dick LeBeau

Clive/Cliff,

who is your coach...your alter-ego? A "subscription coach" that one subscribes to? Your former HS coach? The wife (she is now your boss and coach?!)?

Rob

Thunder!!!  We've been working together since last October, entirely by email and telephone (well, he log-stalks too).  I'm pretty happy with him -- we were getting me into fairly good shape in JAN/FEB, right before my freak (non-running) Achilles thing hit.  He's been pretty adept at putting together monthly plans to keep me active and interested while I've been rehabbing it, too.

-- Dick LeBeau

Lynwood,

did you get lost last nite or did you have to "sweep" an errant runner fr the group? It got so cold last nite w/the wind that we waited around for about 15 min and then everyone left.  I saw Jody finishing a couple of minutes later and he thought you were a couple of minutes behind. I left at 8pm.  Or did you run directly to food/drinks? That was tough w/that 20mph wind in your face up MacDonald, down Morehead and up Kenilworth & Scott.

Rob

Rob, I thought everyone was leaving early so I kept running.  Ran 10.5. Just plugging away at my easy pace. I'm not sure if anybody went past 6. I found a few stragglers at Sutton House having dinner though so it was a nice way to end a good run.  And, we almost dominated the trivia game.