atomno2 4.3 mi
    fraggle 3 mi
    Joe in Raleigh* 3 mi
    alholley 2.8 mi

Races and whatnot:

RUNNER DATE RACE DIST LOCATION GOAL RESULT
    Last week:            
     jdbrown 01DEC2012 Mistletoe HM Winston-Salem NC na 1:35:40
    TWHgal 01DEC2012 Reindeer Romp 5k Rock Hill SC na 26:48 PR!

This week:            
    old-runner 08DEC2012 Huntersville Holiday HM Huntersville NC 1:45 if lucky 1:42:01
    CliveF 08DEC2012 Huntersville Holiday HM Huntersville NC 1:45 perfect pacing 1:44:20 (we pushed the last 1.2mi)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Clive... I think you were posting this at the same time I was posting a separate thread for the Huntersville Half. I was going to delete that one but I didn't see a way to do it.

Anyhoo, as I said in that thread, I might try running along with your group some. I probably wouldn't start with you but get with you somewhere along the way. 

I'm feeling pretty good from being on the vegan diet for a week so maybe I'll be faster than 1:45, but I wouldn't want to make any wild predictions after being on a diet for one week.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

You forgot me. Sad

Do I need to do something to my log so you can see it?

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

old-runner

You forgot me. Sad

Do I need to do something to my log so you can see it?

Click on "Options" on the top right side of the page.

Then Click "My Log Preferences"

Then Click "Allow everyone to see my running log" (or there are some other options too).

I think that should do it.

theyapper

On the road again...

TH Mom - you'll know you're log is visible when you have the little bar chart icon below your name.  Right now you only have the email icon.  Following Richard's instructions should get your log out in the open where it can be included in the weekly totals.

Great to have you here!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Can you see it now?

Yup!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

I changed mine to so I can be added. I ran a 5k in Rock Hill on Saturday. I'm now the owner of a new 5k PR!

Cindy 

Run Long, and Prosper!

TWHgal - congrats on the new PR!  Based on your photo caption I'm guessing you're a fan of The Big Bang Theory, my favorite show.

Knee is still giving me trouble, hate to waste a co-pay just for a doc to tell me I need rest but I haven't had a good running week since my last race at the end of October.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Thanks Joe! Yes, I'm a huge BBT fan. Love that show!

Cindy 

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Well, my running is over for the week. I woke up with my left leg swollen from knee to toes and got sent to the ER. I am in some kind of immobilization contraption PLUS on crutches. Blech, 3-5 of nothing. At least it wasn't a blood clot!

old-runner

Well, my running is over for the week. I woke up with my left leg swollen from knee to toes and got sent to the ER. I am in some kind of immobilization contraption PLUS on crutches. Blech, 3-5 of nothing. At least it wasn't a blood clot!

Ouch! It sounds like your running is over for more than a week! Is this something sudden or have you been having a problem with your left leg?

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Ouch! It sounds like your running is over for more than a week! Is this something sudden or have you been having a problem with your left leg?

I had knee surgery on my left knee in 2010. It's been great, this is the first time I've had a problem in a long, long time.

I had knee surgery on my left knee in 2010. It's been great, this is the first time I've had a problem in a long, long time.

I hope that you recover soon but if your on crutches and your foot is immobilized like that its probably going to be a while.

How is everyone dealing with the "warmer" temperatures! Next week the temps are expected to be back up in the 70's again.

Rob

old-runner

I'm loving the warmer temps... wish it would stay that way. Our Gaston County Runners group had about 20 people last night running through the lights of McAdenville and it was great with the warm temperature.

Rob, how have you been? Just taking a quick snoop at your log it looks like you've been up and down some and not racing a lot. I thought I might see you at the Santa Scramble. Are you thinking about running the upcoming Winter Flight 8k? I'm planning on it. I'll try not to jinx you if you show up... LOL... but I'm pretty sure any recent woes can't be attributed to me!

I'm feeling remarkably better after being on a vegan diet for a little over a week. I'd been kind of sick for about 2 or 3 months and my running was getting slower and slower but now I feel like I'm heading back in the right direction. I'm not sure I'll ever run as fast as I did last fall but I'm thinking there might be a possibility.