jdbrown 25.9 mi
    theyapper66 21.3 mi
    alholley 18.7 mi
    rossruns 18.5 mi
    Lpadg 17.6 mi
    fraggle 3.4 mi

Last weeks' races, events and moments of significance:

This week's races and events:

• CliveF -- 25FEB2012 -- Charlotte 10-Miler -- Goal = I really don't know.  Sub-75min?  RESULT = 1:12:01
    • rossruns -- 25FEB2012 -- Charlotte 10-Miler -- Goals = (a) 75; (b) 76:40; (c) 78:30.  RESULT = 1:13:42
    • nanxin -- 25FEB2012 -- Charlotte 10-Miler -- Goal = (a) 75min; (b) 80min; (c) finish.  RESULT = 1:10:06

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Clive,  You  made sure you ran that extra .1 last night to beat me didn't you?

Actually, I did add a little extra ... but that's because when I mapped it before heading out, it came to 9.96mi.  I wanted 10.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

rossruns

Wow great running, guys!  Congrats to Adam for finishing the marathon - I've got a ton of respect for anyone that can run that far.  Lynwood - Nice PR for the half!  Richard, well done and those are some speedy splits!

rossruns

I'm going to be doing the Charlotte 10-Miler this weekend, too - I'm hoping to use this as a rehearsal for the pace I want to run my Half a month from now.

With that said, here's my goals for the race: A - 1:15:00; B - 1:16:40; C - 1:18:30

Well, I do see a "Ross" among the registered participants.  And now there's a "Cliff", too. Cool

-- Dick LeBeau

nanxin

I will also run the 10 miler, I registered it months ago before I got injuried, by returning from injury for only 3 weeks, my goal would be to finish it, the best would be like a tempo run.

Goals = (a) <=1:15:00; (b) <=1:20:00

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

old-runner

Nanxin... I didn't realize you've been injured lately too... sorry to hear that. Glad you're getting back with it. I just looked at you log. I notice you went from 30 miles two weeks ago to 60 miles last week. I hate to be the voice of reason here but that's quite a step up. Hope you're legs can handle it.

I'm still trying to decide whether to run the 10-miler this weekend myself. Still a little stiff from the half marathon last weekend and it looks like it's going to be cold so I might skip it. 

By the way, this weekend is my last one in the 55-59 age group... next Monday I turn 60! Yay! Officially an old man!

nanxin

Nanxin... I didn't realize you've been injured lately too... sorry to hear that. Glad you're getting back with it. I just looked at you log. I notice you went from 30 miles two weeks ago to 60 miles last week. I hate to be the voice of reason here but that's quite a step up. Hope you're legs can handle it.

Yes, it is an aggressive move, I only have 3 weeks before the 2 tapering weeks for the marathon, I have to run something to recover my aerobic capability. But I did adjust the plan, no interval and tempo runs, I will do 60, 63 and 60 for these 3 weeks, all slow easy runs. I just take chance that I can handle them, then prey for me for the marathon. Smile thanks.

Scheduled Races:

Yes, it is an aggressive move, I only have 3 weeks before the 2 tapering weeks for the marathon, I have to run something to recover my aerobic capability. But I did adjust the plan, no interval and tempo runs, I will do 60, 63 and 60 for these 3 weeks, all slow easy runs. I just take chance that I can handle them, then prey for me for the marathon. Smile thanks.

Hope this works out for you, and you get to capitalize on the work you've put in!

-- Dick LeBeau

I will also run the 10 miler, I registered it months ago before I got injured, by returning from injury for only 3 weeks, my goal would be to finish it, the best would be like a tempo run.

Goals = (a) <=1:15:00; (b) <=1:20:00

Han is a flagrant sandbagger.  He ran something like 1:10:01 today.  Nice to see you, dude!  You had a good, steady pace that didn't look like it was taking much out of you.  Hope the buildup to your marathon goes well.

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Congrats to you guys who ran the 10-miler. I know Han is fast... He's passed me in every race we've ever been in together. Congrats to Clive Fenster on the age group win, and I saw that Ross did well too.

As you know by now, I didn't show up, but OMG... is anybody else wishing they would have cherry picked the 4-miler?? A 12-year-old won it with a pace of 6:58 and 2nd place was Brenny with a 7:14 pace.

Dang! The fleeting thought crossed my mind the other day that maybe all of the fast people were going to run the 10-miler but I felt sure there'd be some fast guys in the 4-miler too.

nanxin

Cliff, nice to talk to you today, congratulation on your win of age group, Smile I should have stayed and cheered for you when you receive your medal.

Scheduled Races:

rossruns

Nice races, Cliff and Han!  Congrats on the age group medal, too, Cliff!   Next time I'll have to make sure to meet up with you guys before or after the race and say hi.

I see also that Aaron took third overall - that 5:35 pace is FLYING.  Nice job there!

I started off running with a coworker of mine but he fell behind by mile 2, so I was pretty much on my own for the rest of the race - it was a beautiful course (other than that devil of a climb during mile 9) and a great day for a race.  Finished 10th in my age group - there are a lot of fast 30-somethings in the area!

Speaking of age groups - Happy Birthday to Richard today, and "graduating" to the new age group.

old-runner

Finished 10th in my age group - there are a lot of fast 30-somethings in the area!

Speaking of age groups - Happy Birthday to Richard today, and "graduating" to the new age group.

Thanks Ross! I've been itching to get up there with the really old guys!

You're right about the fast 30-somethings. I was lucky that I started running at 56, which is just about the age where most people have dropped out.  My own kids are in their 30s and I try to encourage them to run, then I think about them maybe not enjoying it quite as much as me since the competition is so tough for younger people. Of course, it's good to be a runner no matter what age or how the competition stacks up.