Charlotte, NC area runners

2013 Races (Read 306 times)

Run Long, and Prosper!

January 2013

1/5 - Joe in Raleigh - Ocean Isle Bridge Run for Food Half Marathon - Ocean Isle Beach, NC - Goal: 1:45 DNS

1/12 - Joe in Raleigh - Disney Half Marathon - Orlando, FL - Goal: No goal, just have fun - 2:30:54

1/13 - Joe in Raleigh - Disney Marathon - Orlando, FL - Goal: No goal, just have fun - 5:08:05

1/26 - TWHgal - Mountain in the Middle 17k, Columbia SC. No goal since I haven't been training.

February 2013

2/2 - Joe in Raleigh - Uwharrie Mountain 40 - Uwharrie National Forest - Goal: 9:37:00

2/9 - Fraggle - Expedition Paris Mountain 10 mile trail race, Greenville, SC- goal: to have fun and finish!

2/16 - Lpadg - Myrtle Beach Half Marathon - Myrtle Beach SC - Goal 1:35

2/23 -- CliveF -- Cupid's Cup (5k) -- Charlotte NC -- Goal = 19:15

March 2013

3/2-3 - NNutr - DoubleTop 100

3/9 - theyapper66 - Columbia Marathon - Columbia, SC - Goal: Sub-4

3/16 -- CliveF -- Charlottesville Ten Miler (10mi) -- Charlottesville VA -- Goal = 67min

April 2013

4/6 - Joe in Raleigh - Umstead 100 - Raleigh, NC - Goal: 24:00:00

4/13 - Lpadg - Charlotte Race Fest 10K - Charlotte NC - Goal - < 43:56

4/13 - TWHgal - Charlotte Race Fest 13.1 - Charlotte, NC - Goal 2:05:00

4/20 - Tar Heel MomMy - Chapel Hill, NC - Goal: 1:30:00

May 2013

June 2013

6/8 - Tar Heel Mom - Hatfield & McCoy Half Marathon - WV/KY - Goal: 1:59:59

6/8 - NNutr -  Bethel Hill Moonlight Boogie 50M

6/22 - TWHgal - Eastern Divide 50k - Giles County, VA - Goal: Finish

July 2013

August 2013

September 20139/22-23 - NNutr - Georgia Jewel100

October 2013

November 201311/2-3 - NNutr - Pinhoti 100 M

December 2013

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

theyapper

On the road again...

March 9 - Columbia Marathon - Columbia, SC - Goal: Sub-4

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

2/16 - Myrtle Beach Half Marathon - Myrtle Beach SC - Goal 1:35

4/13 - Charlotte Race Fest 10K - Charlotte NC - Goal - < 43:56

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I have to put goals? Ugh, now everyone will know how slow I am.

10 miler goal: 1:30:00

Hatfield/McCoy half goal: 1:59:59 

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Run Long, and Prosper!

Goal times are only optional.  I find that the more places I write it down and the more people I tell, helps keep me accountalbe/committed to putting in the necessary miles and speed work to meet my goal.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

2/16 - Myrtle Beach Half Marathon - Myrtle Beach SC - Goal 1:35

4/13 - Charlotte Race Fest 10K - Charlotte NC - Goal - < 43:56

Looks like Lynwood wants to swing hard at the MB Half.  

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

Charlotte Racefest 13.1 (4/13/13)  Goal: 2:05:00  (now you don't have to feel so slow THM)

Eastern Divide 50k (6/22/13) Goal:  To finish and not be pulled off the course early for not meeting the course cutoff.

Cindy 

THM, we are all slow compared to the pro's.  As long as you're having fun, nothing else matters! 

Shashi, I actually thought a lot about posting that, but as Joe said, if you post it, the more accountable you become.  It will be a stretch I know.  Mileage will get me there, but I realize this is only one more training cycle before I race. Not sure if that's enough time.

TWHGal, running 2:05 on that course is not slow. It's a tough course. but fun.  I ran something close to that a while back also.

Of course, I'm running the 10k now.  Smile

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

TWHGal, running 2:05 on that course is not slow. It's a tough course. but fun.  I ran something close to that a while back also.

Of course, I'm running the 10k now.  Smile

Darn, I was hoping I had picked a halfway flat race. However, I do ok on hills. My current PR is from the Marine Corp Historic Half. That's a devil of a course the last 3 miles.

Cindy 

At Racefest there are two long hills, one early that you won't notice but the one at mile 7-8 breaks most folks. After that it's rollers mostly, but there's a little surprise hill late in mile 12 that elicits groans from the runners. Get over that and start kicking to the finish. 

Racefest Course

aponi

never runs the tangents

Feb - Cupid Cup - goal is to beat my old karate instructor who always runs this one

March - Corporate Cup HM - goal is to not be the last person from work to finish. I can do it if I can bully some of the 5k crowd from last year into doing the HM which I am totally not above doing

April - Racefest HM - after the disaster that was my Thunder Road I'm hesitant to set a goal other than not having to fight off the urge to sit on the curb and cry at mile 10. No I did not do that, I just wanted to. I have some time so I'll go with 2:30 with a stretch goal of 2:20 but will be satisfied with a medal.

Tarheel 10 miler - not 100% on this but I want to do it. Goal anything < 2:00

“Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan!” Doctor Who

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Funny how people perceive courses differently. I think RaceFest is a great course, fairly easy. My PR there is 2:03 and I have won my AG in years past. My PR there for the 10K is 56:00 and also won my AG one year and came in 2nd last year. There are probably 4 hills, the last one is the steepest, but I don't think it's that bad. If you train in Providence Plantation, the hills at RaceFest are a breeze.

My half PR is 2:01 and I got it in San Francisco and I think the hills in Thunder Road are worse than the SF marathon.

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

I will probably enjoy the Racefest course. Now the Crowders Mtn 10 miler last yr, that was hilly!

Cindy 

Tar Heel Mom

kween

There's a 10 miler here in February that goes along the McMullen Greenway. Is anyone considering that? I have a friend who ran it last year and really liked it (greenway is almost completely flat). I might do it as a test before the Tar Heel 10.