Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 03-09JUN2013 (Read 12 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Paul - sorry I missed you!  You should've called out.  (I'm assuming you saw me as I was puttering up and down the middle of the road in the rain during the 15min lightning delay?)  Nice job on your time -- only ~70sec off your 5k PR, and that's post-marathon and with no speed training.

I saw you running out from the start warming up before the expected start at 9.  I waited a bit to see you when you came back but never saw you again.  I just figured you'd found a nice spot a half mile down the road where you could get a head start. Wink

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Hehe.  No, a race official told me about the 15min delay as I trotted by.  So I used the time to determine landmarks at 200, 400 and 600m out from the finish.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

I would have been happier with a little less rain, no doubt. Rob, yes this was a relay and the legs ended up being 3.6, and two 6.2 legs (trail measuring; not sure how accurate) The 8 person teams ran 1 leg each (we had three there) and rotated in order for the 16 miles so that wasn't bad. The ultra teams ran 6 legs for their 32 miles. I thought I was to run my second leg in the dark also, but the fog slowed all the teams down. Ragnar ended up letting people run double and triples with other teammates if they agreed to finish together. Otherwise, there would have been a lot of DNF's. I bought Knuckle Lights and have 90 lumens. I can see great Also, some had to be cutting the course as a number of teams posted 30 to 34 minute times on the 6.2 routes. No way was that possible for even the elites. Adam Chase, Captain of Team Salomon, was there I was told. I'll be curious to see what he posts for times. They are suppose to DNF those teams.