Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 26NOV-02DEC 2012 (Read 234 times)

Getting COLD!

Pete.Hu 52.2 mi
    CliveF  49.2 mi
    amlinz 45.5 mi
    SForrester 42.7 mi
    theyapper66  40.3 mi
    CarolinaBlue 38.2 mi
    jdbrown 23.5 mi
    Happyfeet 22.8 mi
    Lpadg 18 mi
    fraggle 14.7 mi
    nanxin 14.5 mi
    alholley 2.8 mi

Weekly race summary:

RUNNER DATE RACE DIST LOCATION GOAL RESULT
    Last week:            
    CliveF
    22NOV2012 Soon To Be Stuffed 5k Huntersville NC Top 5 OA 19:09/19:48, depending on whose clock you read

This week:            

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

It's gonna be nice to have a few more folks in these threads and on the mileage totals.  Of course, it may just push me further down the list.

It's been awhile since I ran a double digit run mid-week, but I got in a 10+ miler in between the raindrops today.  Felt good.  Marathon training continues to go well.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

under a rock

It's gonna be nice to have a few more folks in these threads and on the mileage totals.  Of course, it may just push me further down the list.

I'm used to being at the bottom of the list. It's nice and relaxing, totally free from pressure.

Marathon training continues to go well.

What marathon?  (I must have missed it.)  I noticed your mileage has climbed.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Clive - my target race is the Columbia, SC marathon on March 9.  It's gonna be a hilly one. Joking

Paul

Run Long, and Prosper!

My mileage will be down for a little bit.  My right knee has been bothering me since my last rast.  Lower outside has me thinking its Patellar. Hopefuly it won't take too long to get back to normal.

The upcoming races and goals thread is a little stale, think I'll jumpstart it.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Hi Joe, not sure when you snuck in.  

I was supposed to pace a friend at Umstead last year, but he had to bail after 5 loops because of asthma issues.  Let me know if you need any support/pacer for that. I should be good for atleast 2 loops, and better start training Smile 

BTW should we change the name of the group to NC runners, seeing that we don't have that many Charlotte runners here (that actually participate)?

old-runner

Hey Peeps... the old man decided to come out of exile! Hope I didn't miss anything while I was away. 

Now that I'm 60 I'm kind of falling apart it seems. I've been sick or out of whack in some manner with a variety of ailments for the past couple months. On the advice of a running friend I finally watched the movie "Forks Over Knives" the other day and I'm now a card-carrying vegan. I think my diet has been my main problem. 

Okay, I don't actually have a card but I am trying to live right. I'm not perfect at it as evidenced by the fact that I went to the store this morning and bought almond milk and came home and made a bowl of cereal and put regular milk on it. These things take time to get used to I guess.

Glad to be back. Anybody running the Huntersville Half Marathon on December 8th?

Beetlejuice!  Beetlejuice!  Beetlejuice!  Big grin

Re: the H'ville HM, I'm pacing the 1:45 hopefuls.  Very nervous about it.

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Welcome back, Kotter, um, Richard.  Good to see you in here again.  Lots of new members to interact with.  Good luck with the new diet.

BTW should we change the name of the group to NC runners, seeing that we don't have that many Charlotte runners here (that actually participate)?

I'm open to changing the name.  Maybe we need to have both the Carolinas represented?  Something creative?

Let the suggestions ensue...

Paul

old-runner

Glad to hear there are some new members here... Hope they didn't show up because they heard I was gone!

Clive... So you're pacing the 1:45 group at Huntersville? I'll probably see you out there. I can't run with a pace group because I've just got to go my own speed, which is always too fast at the start and too slow at the finish. I've managed to slow down quite a bit over just a few months for some reason so I might be lucky to finish in 1:45.

So I'll plan on seeing you at the start, then running the final 0.1mi together.

-- Dick LeBeau

Run Long, and Prosper!

Hi Joe, not sure when you snuck in.  

I was supposed to pace a friend at Umstead last year, but he had to bail after 5 loops because of asthma issues.  Let me know if you need any support/pacer for that. I should be good for atleast 2 loops, and better start training Smile 

I stumbled in the other day after RunnersWorld fell apart.

Thanks for the Umstead offer, I'll keep that in mind. I've got 4 friends who have volunteered but three of them will also be running the MST 50k Sunday Morning so they are all aking to be my pacer for lap 5, lol.

I had to drop after 57 last year with a injury to my 5th metatarsal on my left foot. Hopefully this year will go a bit smoother.

"Leave all the afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning."

- Thomas Jefferson

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Hey Peeps... the old man decided to come out of exile! Hope I didn't miss anything while I was away. 

Now that I'm 60 I'm kind of falling apart it seems. I've been sick or out of whack in some manner with a variety of ailments for the past couple months. On the advice of a running friend I finally watched the movie "Forks Over Knives" the other day and I'm now a card-carrying vegan. I think my diet has been my main problem. 

Okay, I don't actually have a card but I am trying to live right. I'm not perfect at it as evidenced by the fact that I went to the store this morning and bought almond milk and came home and made a bowl of cereal and put regular milk on it. These things take time to get used to I guess.

Glad to be back. Anybody running the Huntersville Half Marathon on December 8th?

We've been using almond milk for a quite a while now and we love it. The store brand at Whole Foods (365) costs less than the national brands at the Teeter. We do still eat meat; we haven't seen the movie, though.

Best of luck at the Huntersville half. I consider that too far to drive for any reason. I think Ballantyne is too far to drive.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.