Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 7/20/09 (Read 239 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Some pretty impressive running last week, for sure.  Richard called an audible after the 5k got cancelled and took a scenic half-marathon run on the Knoxville Greenway.  Ashley ran with no pain, but Shashi is feeling his ankle a bit.  I'm still plugging along with my marathon training, but feeling really good.

I ran an easy 5k distance this morning.  Hope it's a great Monday for everyone.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I was planning a 12 mile run last night, had to cut it short because of my ankle.  I was pretty mad because it was kind of a nice cooler day.  Played Volleyball Saturday which I am sure did not help the ankle.  I plan to take it real easy this week and hope this goes away.

under a rock

Beautiful morning for a run. Decided since it was cooler to drop my son off a preschool then run alone with no stroller! Did 4k, felt good. I'll probably keep all my runs this week close to that distance and I'll start working on getting my swimming built up some more.
        old-runner

I was hoping to run 40 miles this week but took on some extra work and now I'm swamped with that so I'm not too sure about getting all of those miles in.

Paul... good to see you're on track for the marathon! Have you read Theoden Janes' blog? He's running the New York marathon this fall and blogging about it so it might be worth checking out if you haven't seen it.

http://obsruntheoden.blogspot.com/

Ashley... I'm still up for pushing Emmett around the park if you need me. The only day I'd have a problem making it would be Thursday because we get our grandson that day. Linda mentioned it would be nice to run some mornings but we just haven't gotten around to it yet. She'd probably run by herself and I might try to keep up with you as I push the stroller. I won't be offended if you leave me behind!

Shashi... sorry to hear about the ankle! Hope that gets better soon. I'm guessing you won't be doing the Tuesday run. I'm up for whatever though so let me know when you want to get together again and run.

Richard,

Sorry I didn't see this message yesterday.  Yes I can't keep up with you with my ankle complaining later if I do.  If I slow way down its not really painful, so that's what I am going to do, until the pain goes away completely.  I am not taking chances with ankle injuries. 

It could be the shoes as well.  The Cumulus has been much easier on my ankles than the Asics speedstar I normally wear, could be the heel is different enough on these shoes that it makes a difference how I am landing.

under a rock

Ashley... I'm still up for pushing Emmett around the park if you need me. The only day I'd have a problem making it would be Thursday because we get our grandson that day. Linda mentioned it would be nice to run some mornings but we just haven't gotten around to it yet. She'd probably run by herself and I might try to keep up with you as I push the stroller. I won't be offended if you leave me behind!

Monday and Wed are my days I run during the week, occasionally I'll do Fri instead of Sat. On Monday I need to run around 7:30 w/stroller or after 8:45 w/out the stroller since Emmett goes to preschool at 8:30. Wed my schedule is more flexible since he doesn't go to preschool that day.

Hope your ankle gets better Shashi.

old-runner

No problemo Sashi... just let me know when you want to run again. You're right it could be the shoes. I've got 300+ miles on my newest trainers and my feet are feeling the need for some new ones. They're supposed to have some on sale this Saturday out at the James K. Polk 5k and I'm thinking about getting some there if they're actually a good deal.

Ashley... you wanna try for next Wednesday morning? I'll push the stroller. If that sounds good tell me a time. You can go your own speed and Linda will do her run/walk.

under a rock

Wed sounds good. How's 8:00?
                  old-runner

Wed sounds good. How's 8:00?

Allrightsir... that sounds like a plan.

I've got you down on my official calendar for 8:00 a.m. on 07/29/09 at Martha Rivers Park.

My official calendar consists of about 400 sticky notes that have been accumulating for several months on anything around my computer that's stickable, but I'll remember it even if I lose track of it on my official calendar... see ya then!

By the way, you probably knew this but I didn't even realize it until I saw the results posted on Athlinks -- you were the 5th female overall in the Mill Grove 5k... congratulations!

http://www.athlinks.com/results/94471/131555/51513568/Mill-Grove-Cancer-Awareness-Run-5k/3k-2009.aspx