Charlotte, NC area runners

(*tap tap*) Is This Thing Still On? (Read 11 times)

Are you there, God? It's me, CliveF.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

Mr. Fenster... Glad to see you're alive and well. I presumed that the Charlotte running community had abandoned running altogether, or at least left this site for greener pastures.

How's your running coming along? Injuries all healed up??

Tar Heel Mom

kween

HI everybody. My running is terrible. I have a mysterious pain in my left thigh.

Old-runner, I saw a pic of you with AmyDel! She is a running friend of mine, but I can't keep up with her either.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

old-runner

Hi Tar Heel Mom... Glad to see you're among the living but sorry to hear about the leg pain. Hopefully it'll clear itself up before spring and you can get back to running as usual.

Amy was so nice... The Ugly Sweater Run was the first time I had met her although we had been Facebook friends for a while.

Hope I'll see you at a race sometime!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Well if I can eliminate this problem, I will probably run RaceFest in April. I would love to do the 10-miler in February but that's not looking so good at this point.

I have strict orders not to run, and have been off this site so as not to be tempted by the feats of my fellow runners.  Hopefully will be starting some kind of exercise shortly after my Monday appointment, fingers crossed.

Hey, I'm glad to see y'all are alive and kickin at least.  I backed off after a long trail run in Big Horn WY in June.  Ran once a week until October.  Trying to get some speed back now but it hasn't been easy. Good luck with the injury recoveries!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I have an ultrasound on my left leg scheduled for Feb. 27. I have to schlep out to Pineville.

OK started venturing out into the outdoors last week, and had something resembling a run yesterday.  Only 3 miles and the last mile felt like the last mile of a half marathon.

Anyone running Columbia Half next month? I am registered, but don't think I can even finish a Half, let alone the marathon I am actually registered for.