Charlotte, NC area runners

Fellowship of the Idiots (Read 218 times)

atomno2

Someone at work was telling me about this.  Have any of you heard of this?  I may try this one!!  http://www.vacanddash.com/FellowshipoftheIdiots.htm

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

I was considering this also.  I had a couple of others running Myrtle Beach and we thought we might run this.  Sounds fun.  I haven't committed to them I would do it yet.

old-runner

It's a little too far for me to run (I've got a 13.1 mile cap) but I know a lot of people who have run it and I've always heard nothing but great things about it. I've run some of the Vac & Dash races and Peter Ascuitto (the owner of Vac & Dash) is one of the greatest race directors you'll find. He goes out of his way to make everybody feel welcome and pound for pound, the Vac & Dash runs and races are the best you'll find anywhere. If you're considering it, you should definitely do it!

Idiot, indeed.  Lpadg and atomno2, if you guys think you're in, lemme know.  It's longer than what I'd have scheduled, but it sounds stupid-fun, but it'd be better to have company.  (I don't think I'm gonna hang with Linz, Beigay or Chaka.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

atomno2

I'll go on and say I'm in.  I have a 20 miler on the calendar for that day, so should fit nicely. As I understand it, only the 1st half should be "hard"....

Not that I am fast but--

Okay, here we go. Focus. Speed. I am speed. One winner, forty-two losers. I eat losers for breakfast. Breakfast? Maybe I should have had breakfast? Brekkie could be good for me. No, no, no, focus. Speed. Faster than fast, quicker than quick. I am Lightning.” — Lightning McQueen

I'll have to say I definitely fit the title by considering getting up that early to run 19 miles.  I had nothing like that on my calender. heh

Then I'm a bigger idiot, as I'm willing to pay for a motel room to avoid driving so early that morning. Surprised

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

So, what's the status of this thing for Charlotte area runners here?  I'm still up for it (and willing to split a hotel room Friday night).

-- Dick LeBeau

atomno2

I'm still running. I will problem just jet up that morning and drive.

Not that I am fast but--

I still want to run it.  I'll have to see if I can get my legs ready in time.  That's a long run for half marathon guy like me.