Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 3/2 (Read 221 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

It's a Monday and time to start tracking progress for another week. I'm guessing most of us here will get the opportunity to run in some colder weather and snow, too. We got close to 4 inches, but the road crews have already been kind enough to clear the streets in anticipation of my run later today. Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I think we got close to 4 inches as well. I am tapering this week for a relay in Houston. So not running the corporate cup as originally planned. Will be there for the Southpark Half.
        I missed my run on Monday (6), but will run 6 on Wednesday, 4 Thursday, and a 5K this weekend. If I still feel good after the race, I'll run 4 more. I was shooting for 18. Looking to go over 20 starting next week.
        theyapper

On the road again...

I've out in a little over 7 miles so far this week - hopefully a mid-week longish run today of 6 or so if I've got the time.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

6 done tonight. Ready for 4 more tomorrow. Hey, theYapper66, it looks like we're shooting for the same 5K goal time. That's my most immediate goal, to be below 24. Not sure if I am ready to do it this weekend though. We'll see what happens.
            old-runner

I'm hoping to get under 24:00 for a 5k sometime this year as well. Almost made it at the Santa Scramble that precedes the Concord Christmas Parade with a time of 24:05. I think everybody that ran had a PR. You get on a bus and ride to the other side of town then run back to the finish and there's way more downhill than uphill. That and 10,000+ people watching kind of spurs everybody on to run faster. Last week (02/28/09) my wife and I went to Jacksonville Florida and ran the Ortega River Run 5-miler to escape the crappy weather up here. It was my first 5-mile race and I was happy to finish in 39:11. Beautiful weather down there and we got back just in time for the snow. Welcome Lpagd... glad to see a new local runner here!