Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 3/23 (Read 176 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Missed last week, sorry. Here's a new thread for all the great running we've got in this group over the next 7 days.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Couldn't run on Monday, but I got out yesterday and put in my first double: 3.5 in the AM and 4 in the afternoon.

Paul

old-runner

I did 8 on the dreadmill yesterday and have my first 18-miler scheduled for Sunday. Dead If anybody wants to run a nice small 5k this weekend come out to the Kelly Guffey Race to Remember in Dallas. http://www.rememberkelly.org/race.html I'm excited about it because it'll be my 25th race since I started running, the first race I've been to in Gaston County (where I live), and the first race any of my kids have been to. One of my sons is coming in from Tucson, his fiance from Illinois, and my daughter from New York, and I think they're all going to run. It'll be fun watching them try to outrun the old man.
        theyapper

On the road again...

I can't make that one, but it looks like you'll have a great day with your family. Hope you have good weather.

Paul

Good luck with the 18 miler Richard. That's inspirational for me. This is my easy week after three hard weeks of running. I decided to take the rest of the week off due my calf/achiles issue. Slow running just wasn't allowing it to get better. I walked and cross trained as much as possible. Looking forward to next week. Nice double Paul.
            old-runner

Lynwood... Don't be getting inspired by my 18-mile run... I didn't do it after all. I ended up getting a pretty bad cold and didn't run at all on Sunday although I PR'd on my 5k Saturday with a 23:28... go figure. I'm hoping to decongest myself and still do that run before about Wednesday but I'm not sure I'll be able to. Dead
                Sorry to hear that. I know you'll get to it soon as you're well though. I'll use the 23:28 then! Big grin That's great. Now I have to get into the 23Tight lippedx's to keep this PR train going. I was able to run today but it started a little rough. I chased my daughters around McMullen Creek Parkway for 4 miles. They now love riding their bikes along the trail and I run behind yelling to get them to wait for me. Smile I'm just excited to know I'll be able to get some runs in on the weekend now to help increase my mileage. For the last year I've had to try to get all my miles in during the week. After we were done, they played and I stretched. I think I felt some muscles release so hopefully I'll be ok this week.