Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 7/25/11 (Read 208 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Here are last week's totals.  Nice work everyone.

amlinz 67.2 mi 8:08:30
    nanxin 58 mi 8:24:32
    ChakaKahn 53.2 mi 2:09:00
    Lpadg 42.9 mi 0:00
    SForrester 39.8 mi 5:18:31
    Happyfeet 36.5 mi 6:18:37
    old-runner 33.2 mi 5:12:49
    atomno2 30.7 mi 5:36:13
    cpaterun 30 mi 4:17:09
    CarolinaBlue 23.5 mi 3:03:56
    alholley 13.7 mi 2:11:52
    pneriah 12 mi 2:01:46
    theyapper66  11 mi 1:46:38
    CliveF 8.9 mi 1:24:50
    runslikeafraggle 3.8 mi 46:30

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

I wish I ran 42.9. I must have entered something wrong, as that's my two week total.  I look at that as things to come.  I feel good and I think I'm healthy enough to build to that finally.

I don't know what happened after I cut the grass yesterday, did not drink immediately and then a dumbass I am had a beer instead of water. Then I got what felt like cramps, this morning after a night of fitful sleep, it's full blown sciatic pain shooting down the leg (mostly hamstring area).  Life is miserable right now.  Thought I'd share.   

under a rock

Well, this is the last week I'll be on the list. I've decided to boycott summer running. Actually, the truth is that I am on the verge of developing a stress fracture on the inside of my right tibia. So no running for six weeks. That basically devastated my race schedule for the next three months. I have an aquathlon on the 7th of Aug, would have been my first. I'm going to go but just do the swim and skip the 5k run since I can't get my money back for camping and food.  I won't be able to do the the blue ridge relay or the Medoc 10 miler in August.  At least I can still swim and have a good excuse for not getting out there in the miserable summer weather to run.

old-runner

All of these sad tales of woe!

Lynwood, I saw your mileage and thought you had really turned it up a notch!

Sashi... I heard you took a spill that was even worse than the one I took last week on the Boulders Access trail. Maybe it took a few days for the effects to be felt.

Ashley... Hope you're not sidelined for too long with this latest setback.

Good job by nanxin, who seems to really be in it to win it!

What's with this group?!  IT band syndrome, stress reactions (and that's just Fraggs!), torn Achilles tendons, sprained ankles, sciatica, and general ennui ...

We're a fine training bunch, we are.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Lot's of injuries.  I hope ya'll all get well soon. 

Richard, I do plan on getting there this year.  I'm using a Thursday evening WWC run to be my "long" run for now, because I really have enjoyed running there.  Even dodging 9 million mountain bikers.

While that faceplant was a bit dramatic, not much damage to the legs, Hands, elbow and face took most of the impact. So don't think that caused the leg to lock up, dehydration and my general tight hamstrings might be the cause.

Leg feels a bit better after some drugs and a "massage" from my 3 y/o.  She loves to walk on the back of the leg and trying not to fall.  

If we can't complain about our injuries then what is the point of running and a message board.

Lot's of injuries.  I hope ya'll all get well soon. 

Richard, I do plan on getting there this year.  I'm using a Thursday evening WWC run to be my "long" run for now, because I really have enjoyed running there.  Even dodging 9 million mountain bikers.

Lynwood, if you are up for a bit longer drive we have an excellent trail now at Poston park (exit 22 on I 85, and about 2-3 miles from the exit). Trail is about 5 miles long and you'll have the place to yourself atleast until it gets popular.  A bit hilly and bit confusing on your first couple of runs, but you won't get lost.

Thanks Shashi, I'll check that out.  Sounds fun.  Do you run it much?

under a rock

Poston is  a nice trail system, a bit confusing the first few times you go but worth the effort. I usually have some of my slowest miles there due to the non stop hills. It's much more enjoyable than USNWC because the trail isn't as worn and the scenery is just more interesting. This is a link to PASA, the bike group responsible for the trails. Right now they don't have any maps posted at the park and it's not obvious where the trail head is.

Lynwood, right now I am on DL, a 2 mile walk yesterday and my leg is sore again, its not muscular, but nerve and I dont think running is any worse than walking.  

Once I get better I will get out there once or twice a week, the trail only opened recently after closing for some construction.