Charlotte, NC area runners

Gastonia Running Club... RIP (Read 191 times)

old-runner

Today I pulled the plug on the Gastonia Running Club. Kind of sad but we were getting nowhere. There was some participation, which I appreciate. We had a few people making it to group runs (at least part of the time) and a small group of girls who were doing the Couch-to-5k, and that's good (I'm sure they'll keep it up).

My biggest problem was the almost total lack of interest from established runners in the area. I contacted virtually every runner I knew from races, Athlinks, etc., and pretty much got thanks but no thanks all the way around.

I left the address of this forum on the main page of the website and hopefully anyone interested will come by and join us here.

under a rock

Oh no! That's so sad. We have our little group of morning runners going well, all three of us. Tina and Lisa will be sad to hear that this morning when I meet with them to run.
        I was so hoping this would take off.  I have been really busy at work for a while now, while I plan for my month long trip to India.  I sure hope we can run together at MRP when I come back in November.
        old-runner

Ashley... Glad to hear Tina and Lisa are still running with you. I didn't even know y'all were running on Monday. Well hang in there with them. Are they planning on running the Runway 5k?

Shashi... I thought you were already gone to India. Anytime you want to run just give me a yell. I'm pretty much running every day and usually looking for ideas.

Hope you two and the other few people involved aren't too disappointed. With the seasons changing we'd have to switch times again soon. Seems like it's easier for people to just get together and run occasionally when things work out right with work and family obligations.