Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 8/15/2011 (Read 253 times)

125-130 lbs! You could be on the cover of Life magazine as a Biafran refugee (running in your singlet!)! Where we copy/paste a picture of Lynwood running after you with a machete! The high 130's is impressive. I noticed that your running each day so do you think it is the activity each day that has kept you in that range or are you calorie counting/managing portions/managing intake via WW?

Lynwood -- assuming my leg feels ok I'll be out there Wednesday wounds and all.

Rob

old-runner

Haha... I started running 7 days a week about the same time I started back on Weight Watchers just so I'd get some activity points every day. I'm up to 74 days on the streak but I've had several days of just 1 mile. I'm counting the WW points because if I don't I can eat anything in sight without even thinking about it.

At 138 pounds my BMI is 20.4. That's not that low for a distance runner so if I can lose more without starving myself I'll give it a try. 

The most famous old runner of all, Ed Whitlock, is 5'7" and 112 pounds... that's a BMI of 17.5.

There are a lot of great runners under 20 on the BMI scale... Meb Keflezighi (19.9), Galen Rupp (19.2), Ryan Hall (18.6), Dathan Ritzenhein (17.8), and a lot of others. It makes a difference for sure.

Dont worry Richard.  Machete or not, I can't catch you.

old-runner

Dont worry Richard.  Machete or not, I can't catch you.

Dang Lynwood... Don't give up that easily... you never know who you're gonna catch out there, especially somebody like me.