CliveF 25MAY2013 Bare Bones 5km Salisbury NC Pain. 19:08

This week:

RUNNER

DATE

EVENT

DIST

GOAL

RESULT

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Cliff,

congrats...is your 19:09 a PR? You had perfect conditions Sat morning given how cool it was. You scratched racing this week??

Rob

Yup, a PR by about 15sec.  It was sunny, and the temperature was rising ... but still, mid-50s is MUCH better than low 80s!

I was thinking of racing Office Party, but the long-range forecast is low 80s and humid as ****.  Been there, done that.  If it's raining FRI afternoon, though, I may just bolt out of work and come down.  I love running in the rain, and it ought to mitigate the impact of the heat.  Otherwise, I'd rather get another speed session in before China Grove.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Very nice PR Cliff. Congrats.
            I was thinking of racing Office Party, but the long-range forecast is low 80s and humid as ****.  Been there, done that.  If it's raining FRI afternoon, though, I may just bolt out of work and come down.  I love running in the rain, and it ought to mitigate the impact of the heat.  Otherwise, I'd rather get another speed session in before China Grove.

Wise choice. That Office Party course appears to be slow as you run down to Morehead from NASCAR Hall of Fame and then your running up those hills on Morehead and then up again on Mint near the Stadium and back (it looks like the same exact course as what was the Blue Points 5k course that was run in the later part of the summer).

Rob