Charlotte, NC area runners

Hit the Brixx this Saturday (Read 179 times)

old-runner

Anybody running Hit the Brixx this weekend? It was one of my favorite races last year. Nice course in downtown Charlotte followed by free pizza! You can run the 10k, the 5k, or both. The 10k is first and it's a RFYL Grand Prix race. I'm signed up for both but will decide after the 10k Saturday morning. I'm thinking I probably won't run the 5k unless I'm really feeling good.
      No Brixx for me.  I know it will be a good one though.   Probably sticking to my plan to run LungStrong in October.

Richard, congratulations on another great run.  Looks like you had a good race.  Wish I could have been there.  I had a lot of friends running today.

I got to run the .5 mile trail at my apartment about 8 times.  Yeah! 

Probably good I didn't race today.  My office went up to Kannapolis on Thursday to do the high-wire obstacle course at Cedar Grove Retreat.  Man....I'm still having some panic attacks over that.  Afterwards, somebody thought it would be a good idea for a bunch of 30 - 60 year olds to play tag football for an hour.  Full speed too.  Nobody slacked off.  I'm still sore from that.  It was nice to feel 18 again.

old-runner

Hey Lynwood... Yep, Hit the Brixx was lots of fun. I had way too much of that free pizza though!

Sounds like you might have a little bit of acrophobia like me? I freak out over high places. Something about not wanting to fall 40 or 50 feet.

Haha... Funny you mention feeling 18 again and sore. I've said a lot of times over the past year that I feel better than when I was young and it's true, because we used to not do anything at all for a couple weeks maybe then go out and play basketball or something for 4 or 5 hours and limp around for days afterwards.

Hope to see you at the LungStrong 15k. I didn't make it to that one last year but heard it was really good. It's the final race of the RFYL Grand Prix so I'll be there for sure unless something drastic happens.