Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 3/30 (Read 157 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey guys. I kicked the week off yesterday (I do my log Sun-Sat) with a little over 6 miles. Had to fight with a dog for the last 4 of them when she decided to leave her front yard and follow me. That made for a very frustrating run, but at least I got it in. Hope this is a great week for everyone!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

EW. I absolutely HATE it when owners don't leash their dogs. Let's get something straight...I don't care how much you think your dog would never, ever, ever chase or bite someone. Just keep your damn dog on your yard, and under some sort of restraining method. When running in unfamiliar places I used to carry pepper spray with me, but I haven't lately. However, summer is coming, so I might throw it back on the fuel belt. If nothing else, I'll have water to squirt them with, if necessary. Tongue As for me, I did get 19 in on Saturday, 14 of them in the rain. Was a tough run with a fair amount of elevation change, but hey, that's what Boston is gonna be like in a few weeks.
      theyapper

On the road again...

Great job on the long run. I got another easy 5 in today.

Paul

Glad you survived the dog Paul. That's one problem I haven't had yet. Sounds like some good runs otherwise. 19 miles, and getting ready for Boston. I can't wait till I'm reporting that comment. More inspiration. I might need a couple more years of running though. I ran 4 Sunday and 4 today on my comeback week. Looking to participate in the Bridge Run this weekend.
          theyapper

On the road again...

Yeah, dogs are interesting. Roll eyes Got in 7.5 miles tonight to finish the month just over 100 miles. That's 4 out of the past 6 months over 100. Body's feeling good - time to increase a bit.

Paul