Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 22-28 APR 2013 (Read 10 times)

old-runner

Is anyone going to the Run Your Heart for Boston run on Sunday?

I was planning on going but after running a half marathon on Saturday I'm not too sure. Right now the forecast looks like there's about a 70% chance of rain Sunday morning. Good sleep-in weather!

I plan on running at least one full out-back there.  If no rain, may add a couple more as a cooldown

under a rock

Richard, I figured after the half and then add the rain that you might opt out!

My friend, Laura, and I will be there. We're going to walk a bit and then do 6 miles and maybe more walking if it's not raining too much. I'm making some pumpkin muffins to bring as my contribution to the goodies table.

old-runner

Richard, I figured after the half and then add the rain that you might opt out!

My friend, Laura, and I will be there. We're going to walk a bit and then do 6 miles and maybe more walking if it's not raining too much. I'm making some pumpkin muffins to bring as my contribution to the goodies table.

Yup, I'm pretty sure I won't make it but it should be fun. I've done a couple of those runs and they're great. Not great timing for me this time around though.

Is it Laura Buchanan who's coming with you? Sorry I won't get to meet her yet again! Y'all have fun (including you Shashi).

I should probably stay away from all of that food anyway. I went on a bender today and ate at Hardees and had a gravy biscuit, hash rounds, a cinnamon-raisin biscuit, and went back by a little later and got a chocolate milkshake. When I got home I told Linda we need to sign up for WeightWatchers and start going to the meetings next week. Gotta get myself together.

under a rock

Yes, it's Laura Buchanan. Her knee has been cooperating lately and allowing her to run again. I'm so happy to have her back as my running partner! We've been running together minimum of 3 days a week lately, it's been great.

Ashley, I'm planning on running it Sunday.  I'm planning on running about 12 miles or so.

under a rock

Lynnwood and Shashi, I look forward to seeing you guys tomorrow.

old-runner

Good day at the Kings Mountain Marathon... I finished 9th overall and 3rd Masters in 1:39:39. More hills than just about any race I've ever run (except maybe the New River Half), and I had the pleasure of meeting TWHGal (Cindy) who came up and introduced herself to me after the race.

Congratulations Richard.  Sounds hard.  Glad I ran the flat and easy greenway.  heh  Good to see Shashi and Ashley out there today.

Ashley, it's almost River Jam time at WWC.  Do you run on those?  I also see WWC is creating their on Thursday evening running group.

under a rock

Congratulations Richard.  Sounds hard.  Glad I ran the flat and easy greenway.  heh  Good to see Shashi and Ashley out there today.

Ashley, it's almost River Jam time at WWC.  Do you run on those?  I also see WWC is creating their on Thursday evening running group.

It was good to see you and Shashi. We had a good time. The weather turned out perfect. We hung around until it was all over, once we got in the car to leave the bottom dropped out and it started pouring.

I don't usually do evening runs. I can't do runs on Tues or Thurs night since that is the hubby's nights for tennis.