Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 6/8 (Read 239 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Hope you all have a great week.  4.3 for me this morning.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

under a rock

I did 2.5 miles this morning. During my run I decided to not race this weekend. I'm going to wait until the Summer Breeze in Charlotte on the 20th. My husband is also going to try to do it too.
      old-runner

I'm at 974 total miles so I'm hoping to go over 1,000 miles this week. Wow... seems like I've been running longer than that.

Ashley... hope to see you at the Summer Breeze. I'm just a little up in the air on that one. There are two Asheville Track Club Grand Prix races that Saturday (one in the morning and one in the afternoon) and I'm tempted to try and do both of those. I'll probably decide the day before when I check the weather and see how I feel.

Paul... I saw on Athlinks you're running the China Grove race Friday night... great! Hope to see you there.

theyapper

On the road again...

It's Tuesday and, yes, I'm still planning on running in China Grove Friday night.  I may even take my son with me which means I'll run it slower, but probably have more fun doing it. 

Def would love to meet you there.  If it's just me I'd love to run with/near you, but you're a lot faster than me and so I could only run with you for a few steps.  

Paul

old-runner

I'll be looking for you!

I thought maybe you were taking all of your kids to run. There's a special kids race that's a half mile run with age groups 5 and under, 6 to 9, and 10 to 13.

theyapper

On the road again...

I think if I take any of my children, I'll just take one of my sons.  He's the only one of my three that really enjoys running races.  If not, it'll just be me.  Look forward to seeing you.

Paul

old-runner

See ya there Paul... sounds like fun... Bill Shires picked it as one of his favorites 10 races of all time...

http://runnerscooldownmile.blogspot.com/2009/06/top-10-favorite-races.html

theyapper

On the road again...

Great list from Bill.  He's fast.  I ran the Beach Blast this year and he won it I think.   He was back out running hills on the course while we were finishing.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Richard - it'll just be me and I'll be wearing black shorts, white Livestrong shirt and yellow Brooks shoes.  Hope to see you in the throng of runners!

Paul

old-runner

Hey Paul... I didn't see this note until this morning but I'm glad we found each other without a problem and it was good to meet you and hang out some! Hope to do it again before long! It was a fun race. First race I've been in without any turns except for turning around at the halfway mark. Also the first time I've run in complete darkness... that part was a little weird.
                      theyapper

On the road again...

You got mega points with me when we met because you're just a nice person, and then I saw that you posted your reply at 4 something in the morning and you got more points.

I called me wife on the way home and told her how nice it was to meet someone in person that I knew from the forums - getting to know you and your wife made the event worth it for me.

Hope your race went well in Hickory today.

Paul

old-runner

I appreciate that Paul, and the feeling's mutual. Oh, and thanks for the tips on setting up my Garmin Forerunner 305 to display what I want on there. I've got it set now the way I want it instead of the way it came out of the box and it's like a whole new animal. Guess I should have read the directions six months ago!

The race in Hickory went fine and Linda and I both got 1st place in our age groups. Something to be said for smaller races!

theyapper

On the road again...

Double gold!  Nice.

Paul