Joe in Raleigh 6.0 mi
    Lpadg 4.0 mi
    Tar Heel Mom 2.9 mi

Last week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result

This week:

Runner Date Event Dist. Location Goal Result
    Happyfeet SEP21 Run The Valley 13.1mi Badin NC sub-2 2:01:02
    old-runner SEP21 Run The Valley 13.1mi Badin NC sub-1:45 10km instead; 45:33
    theyapper66 SEP21 Run The Valley 13.1mi Badin NC 2:10 easy Yes! 2:09:05
    NNutr SEP22 Georgia Jewel 100mi Dalton GA na ???

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

The mornings are starting to feel really, really nice. Cool

My "Brush With Racing": I went up to Davidson SAT evening and volunteered at the Schoolhouse Rock and Run 10km, handing out bottles of water to the finishers.  Good times.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I am waiting till Thursday to try running again. My butt and hamstring have really been improving.

I am already signed up for Thunder Road. I don't need this unscheduled vacation.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

THM, Thunder road half or full?  And that race has gotten expensive, pretty sure it was $65 when I ran the half a few years ago

THM, thanx for the link to that story Sunday in the Observer. I'm amazed by her journey and what she had to overcome. I had just finished watching last night's episode of Breaking Bad and her story was in that same ark but she seems to have pulled through.  It was so personal and I found myself pausing and saying myself "how things could get worse" (and they did). Its almost tragic to grow up under those circumstances. When she used the term that her father called her at 5 years old, it reminded me of a large family (~6 girls and 2 boys and all good swimmers) that swam on a swim club I swam on. The mom was very stoic, the father who I only saw a couple of times seemed out of control. Some of the girls were awkward in how they acted. Then I remember how the father screamed at the youngest girl at a meet when she was like 5 years old and called her name I could not believe. Fast forward 14 years, the then 5 year old wins gold and bronze in the Olympics. Fast forward another 10 years, the older girls (who swam and were very fit thru HS) are now about 300 to 350 lbs each & strange. So now I wonder?

Clive, have you started to run? Is the injury healed? How much wt did you put on? Were you able to remain at the station and hand out waters for the entire race (w/out a break)?

Rob

No.

No.

A little ...

Yes ...

-- Dick LeBeau

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I signed up for the half because I didn't think I'd have enough time to devote to training for a full. Little did I know that I wouldn't have enough time to train for a half either! Yes, it was pricey. $80 for the half this year.

Cliff,

If you continue in your current state, can I recommend a run for you that is not to far (to be held at the speedway in Concord) -- the Color and Glow run (Nov 9). And when you read the description of the this "run", the focus is not on speed but on fun. And don't make the mistake of racing this! I can see how your going to have to adjust the results table each week -- "goal" becomes # of colors, "result" (because now and in the future who cares about time) becomes "lumens" to measure how bright one was as they crossed the finish line by accumulating as many glow sticks as possible! And best of all, nobody needs to train anymore as these runs take over races.

http://www.colorandglow.com/nightrun/charlotte-5k-fun-run/

Take a look at how much they charge! And this seems to be a similar scam as the RnR series --> this has to be "for profit", they have not named a charity as of yet, and they are asking for volunteers (what do you need volunteers for on a run that is not timed so who cares if you go off course or cut it short!).

Rob

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Did a little easy run on Sugar Creek Greenway today. Backside feels better, no pain but very, very tight.

THM/Rob, does the Sugar Creek Greenway end at Freedom park?  The mileage markers say its 3.5 miles at the 3/4 street exit, but it's only about 1.5 mile from there to Freedom park. I run there quite often now, and a 7 mile round trip on the Greenway would be nice.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

THM/Rob, does the Sugar Creek Greenway end at Freedom park?  The mileage markers say its 3.5 miles at the 3/4 street exit, but it's only about 1.5 mile from there to Freedom park. I run there quite often now, and a 7 mile round trip on the Greenway would be nice.

If you cross Princeton and run a block down and turn right (follow the signs) you can continue on the greenway all the way to Park Rd.

Shashi, when you get to the end of the greenway at Princeton -- cross Princeton and run down Jamestone, then take the first right (Irby), that puts you on Westfield. Look to your right and you will see the greenway path to your right. The greenway ends at Brandywine (which is at the back of the Park Road Shopping Center).

Rob

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Shashi, when you get to the end of the greenway at Princeton -- cross Princeton and run down Jamestone, then take the first right (Irby), that puts you on Westfield. Look to your right and you will see the greenway path to your right. The greenway ends at Brandywine (which is at the back of the Park Road Shopping Center).

This sounds familiar.

Sorry to spring this late on Clive, but I am running a race tomorrow, gimpy groin and all.

Run the Valley Half in Badin NC, will take anything under 2:00:00, based on attempted/aborted tempo run Wednesday.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Good luck tomorrow, Happyfeet.

I just had a 30 min. therapeutic massage and my sore glutes and hamstrings feel pretty good right now.