Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 7/6 (Read 261 times)

under a rock

Ashley,

Are you familiar with "The Stick"?

http://www.shapeupshop.com/fitness/recovery/the_stick.htm

We bought one a while back and haven't even used it. I'd be glad to let you use it if you want to give it a try.

I just bought one the other day, it's been great working out the tension I've been getting in my shoulders from swimming. I don't think it will be as effective on my IT band as that roller will be. I'm going to see if I can find a roller tomorrow.

old-runner

I need a roller or a stick or something after yesterday's race. I woke up with sore calves today after chasing two of my arch frenemies for 4 miles yesterday. (haha... I heard that's a new word in the dictionary... they're friends really but both are really fast).

Anyhoo, my 4-miler was 28:38 (7:10 pace) and I'm happy with that but got 4th place in my age group so I didn't place. Two of the fastest 54-year-olds had birthdays and moved up to my age group. Oy!

Now I'm planning on doing a long run this morning running across town and back and I'm hoping I can make it without calling Linda to come pick me up. We'll see.

And I'm still not able to get to the 2nd (or now 3rd) page of this thread without posting (there's no link on my screen like the one Lynwood is seeing) so if I just seem to be making small talk don't mind me.

Great race though. Very fast.  How was the course?  I know what you mean about the fast guys in your age group.  I stand no chance in most races, though I've seen some 22's/ 23's in the smaller races.  I might eventually have a shot at those.

Hope your calf gets better soon.  I'm taking another easy week myself and will move towards flatter pastures going forward.

From the main forum page, the far right hand column shows Last Post column.  Click on the link depending upon which post thread you want to read.  That's been getting me to the last page. 

old-runner

My calf's fine really... I ran 13 miles this morning without a problem. I was just a little sore from yesterday.

I thought the 4-miler course was fine but I only notice if there are huge hills. Everybody seems to have slowed down in the 3rd mile including me. The 4th mile is really fast since it's mostly downhill.

It's weird, but I still don't have a way to get to this page except by doing a reply. Maybe it's a quirk in my computer or with this particular thread because the other ones with multiple pages are showing up fine.

Well, time for a new week anyhow!