Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 1/3/2011 (Read 223 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Quiet in here, y'all.

A little over 5 and a half today.  Hope everyone's doing well.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Still plugging away here.  Hills WED, with about 7mi total.  Easy 6 and striders yesterday.  Another easy six commencing in about 10 minutes. Big grin

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Are we there yet?

Sat
        Jan 8

7 am

29° F

Precip:
        0%

8 am

30° F

theyapper

On the road again...

I was out in that weather, Mike, and it was an awesome morning.  Ran for 2 hours, ended up with 12.7 miles.  Avg pace was the same as my pace when I PR'ed my HM in '08, but now that pace is easy.  HR is a good 20 bpm lower now than it was then.

Nice to see all this work paying some dividends.  Still a long way to go, but I'm having fun.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Mike and all... I ran like I stole something. Unfortunately I got caught by the cops, roughed up, cuffed, and taken to jail. I ran about a 1:50 flat I think. I was at 48:06 at six miles then we turned around and crossed the island directly into a 20 mph wind for the next 6 miles. I ducked my head kept truckin' at the same effort. Kind of brutal and cold. I finished strong so I'm happy. I ran another 4 miles trying to find a friend who was struggling so I did set a new mileage PR. Great, low key race.
            old-runner

Good job Lynwood! I'll bet it was even windier for your race than mine.

I ran the Resolution Run Half Marathon. Won my age group in 1:45:46... but there were only 2 people in the age group! As usual I overdressed (3 layers) and wished I had worn just 2 layers. The worst part was I wore my heavy gloves and didn't want to throw them away so I carried them for about 10 miles.

Are we there yet?

Lynwwood .. way to hang tuff. Richard.. good finish.. i di the exact opposite on my long run today.. we did 4 early the looped back to car where i thought i had warned up as i was sweating so i tore off EVERYTHING except my shorts and singlet for the next 15 miles i froze Sad but good run and good company

Very nice Richard.  Have you run out of room for your awards? Great job.

I went back to see how I faired in my age group.  6/10, middle of the pack.  The winners were 1:30, 1:33 and 1:34.  Must be the same three that ran last year.