Charlotte, NC area runners

Run for Your Life Grand Prix Series (Read 204 times)

old-runner

Anybody else running in the Run for Your Life Grand Prix races? The first one was today (03/21/09) -- The Shamrock 4-Miler. There are a total of 9 races in the series. If you're not familiar with the series you can read about it here... http://www.runforyourlife.com/CharlotteRunningEvents/GrandPrixSeries.htm There were 824 people in today's race. I didn't place but had my best pace ever -- 7:39 per mile. I know that's not too fast for you young whippersnappers but I had a lot of cobwebs to shake loose.
      Grats on the race! That's not an easy 4 mile race by any stretch. Hardly a flat section on it. Smile The only I can really hang in the GP series is to run as a Clydesdale, which I currently am. Hopefully in a few months I'll get below 185 though....
        Congratulations, that's great. I can't hang with that time yet for sure. I wanted to run that race, but decided to run the Charleston Bridge run and then Racefest. I'm following yall's lead and will try to increase my mileage without hurting myself. Awesome running!
        theyapper

On the road again...

Right now I can only dream of 7 minute paces. Fantastic job, Richard.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul