Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 8/8/11 (Read 186 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Last week's mileage, with 3 in our group topping 60 miles.  Nice to see Mike back logging the miles!

Totals:

amlinz 78.2 mi 9:28:30
    nanxin 63.3 mi 9:04:34
    ChakaKahn 62 mi 0:00
    old-runner 43.6 mi 6:38:02
    Happyfeet 38 mi 6:21:41
    CarolinaBlue 31.6 mi 4:06:43
    Lpadg 21.4 mi 0:00
    SForrester 18.7 mi 2:33:02
    theyapper66  18.2 mi 3:32:38
    CliveF 7.3 mi 1:04:17
    atomno2 5 mi 58:49
    cpaterun 5 mi 43:32

I've not been doing the Blue Ribbons, because I'm not seeing any race results/reports in the threads.  If I've missed yours, let me know here and I'll gladly hand you a ribbon!

2 runs today, for a little over 7 miles total.  It's hot, and I'm dreaming of a white Christmas. Big grin

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

LOL... you can probably stop it with the blue ribbons, since if we do good in a race we already get a pat on the back and a trinket of their appreciation.

Lynwood,

I made it for the Meet-Up run in Dilworth tonite. Did u make it (I started about 2 min behind the group so I figured I may run into you, and then about a mile in I was moving thru the group and saw someone in the same color shorts as you w/a visor cap, was tempted to come up fr behind and pull the shorts down, but glad I didn't as it wasn't you!). I'm not recovered (and in stasis as the muscle is healing but the problem is w/the connective tissue) but tonite's run aligned w/my 2 days on/1 day rest cycle.

Is everyone looking forward to the "cooler" temps?

Rob

theyapper

On the road again...

Sounds like you're making some progress, Rob.  Hope the recovery continues to go well.

Recovery jog this morning.  Cooler temps will be nice.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

nanxin

Anyone running the NC Music Factory 5K this weekend? I regiested it yesterday to celebrate the coming cooler temps. Big grin

Rob, nice to see you making progress.

Scheduled Races:

Tokyo Marathon (March 2020) 

Boston Marathon (April 2020)

old-runner

Nanxin... I'm planning on running that race this weekend... I'll be on the lookout for you.

I'm also running the 5k in Kings Mountain on Friday night so I have a feeling I'll be a little on the slow side Saturday morning, but it sounds like such a good race I hate to miss it. See ya there!

under a rock

If anyone knows anybody that wants to run the Blue Ridge Relay my team needs two people since I'm out and now one other person is as well. They need one of those spots to be filled by a female. My spot I am giving up without asking the person to pay me back the entry, the other person I'm not sure if she is expecting the entry fee back. I think our team is getting the van pretty cheap, if not free, so it's a low cost deal. Please send anyone interested my way!

old-runner

Hope your recovery is going well Ashley! That's nice of you to give up your spot and not ask for whoever runs it to pay the registration fee.

It sounds like fun and I'm almost tempted myself, but if I spent a weekend in a van with those folks most likely none of them would ever speak to me again. Got those quirky old-man ways.

Ashley, thanks for the link in the previous post.  I'll definitely check the trail out sometime soon.  Good luck recovering.

Rob, that would have been classic if you did that to somebody else.  You would move to legendary status quickly with this group. I will have to share that story Monday night if you don't mind. 

I decided to take the night off and had planned on trying for three trails at WWC Thursday (I think thats about 10 or 11 miles). But, the rain stopped that plan. Since I was already there, I ran laps around the water for about 45 minutes on the gravel road before heading to the restaurant for refreshments. The run turned out fun, because there were no bikes, lots of people rafting and doing the zip line and live music while we ran.  I have some miles to make up this weekend though.  I'll be running Monday and probably Wednesday next week.

Nanxin and Richard, good luck racing.  I have no immediate races planned.  This fall I was planning on LungStrong, possibly Dowd, and definitely Thunder Road half.  I signed up for ThunderRoad last December during a special for $40.  The store employees had taken bets that nobody was dumb enough to sign up that early, but I showed up.  Heh

old-runner

Congratulations to nanxin (Han Zhang), who just keeps getting faster and faster! He passed me in the first mile this morning in the Rock 'N Run 5k and steadily pulled away for the rest of the race, finishing in 20:01. He's got great form and really looks like a runner so I'm not too surprised, but that's amazing progress for somebody who was running a 5k time of more than 26 minutes a year ago.

I've had a good weekend for an old man... I ran the Dog Days Twilight 5k in Kings Mountain last night in 20:20 followed by the Rock 'N Run 5k in Charlotte in 20:29 this morning. Time for a nap!

Richard/Han,

congrats on your performances on Sat. Richard, that was a very stacked 55-59 age group for that race!

Lynwood,

feel free to share that story w/the group. I'm heading to Southern Cal last minute for week (so I won't be there on Wed) & also planning to run out there. The highs are predicted to be 72 (sunny & dry) through the week (I hope I don't lose my heat acclimatization again).

Rob