Charlotte, NC area runners

Happy 4th Charlotte group! (Read 230 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

I celebrated with a nice 8 miler this morning.  Now it's off to Spartanburg, SC for a family get together.

Hope you all enjoy the holiday!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

under a rock

Have a good 4th everyone!

We are just hanging out at home today. We'll do some grilling and playing in the baby pool!

old-runner

Happy 4th of July everybody! We ran the Firecracker 5k in Huntersville this morning and I ran into Lynwood over there. That race is getting big... 400 runners this year from what I heard compared to 250 last year.

under a rock

How was the race? The weather seemed perfect for it this morning!
          old-runner

The weather was beautiful. The course is good... downhill most of the first mile, a gentle slope upward for what seemed like the next 5 miles (but I think it was only about 1-1/2 miles) then kind of a slight downhill to the finish line. I PR'd at 21:39 (2 seconds faster than my old PR)! All that stroller pushing the other day got me in shape!

Happy 4th everybody!

Great course and a great day.  Good to see Richard again.

I PR'd also at 24:32 so I can't complain too much.  I shouldn't have started at the back, but I did talk a couple of people into running this race and ran with them.  I was standing near the front looking for Richard so I could have somebody I knew to chase since my Garmin is out of action for the moment.  Hey, it worked last time.  

Then my friends saw me so I went to the back of the line to start with them.  I finally ran in the ditch the first half mile jumping all the curbs and holes and passed a bunch of runners so that was fun too.  I made it a trail run.  I ran strong the whole race and felt like it was an even effort despite the long uphill grind.  I have no clue about my splits, nor how fast I really ran since there was no chip time.  I think it was sub 24 but can't prove it. This will give me the opportunity to break it again soon I hope.