Charlotte, NC area runners

China Grove 5k (Read 124 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Had a great time at the race in China Grove last night.  Got to see Richard and his wife and chat for a bit before and after the race.  Congrats, Richard, on your finish time.  I didn't stay to see the awards, so I don't know if you won any hardware, but I think you were sub-21 and that's awesome, esp. in 80F weather.

I finished at 24 minutes flat, which is a huge PR for me.  1:29 better than my previous, and 2:14 better than I did at this same race last year.  Couldn't be more pleased.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Hey Paul... It was good to see you there too... I was wondering if you were coming and I meant to post a message in here before the race but never got around to it. Yep, I won my age group this year after finishing 4th last year. Love the flat course but it sure was a scorcher. Guess that's standard for a night race in the middle of June.

That's great that you knocked more than 2 minutes off last year's time! I think the extra mileage is helping you. 

You guys should have hung around after the race... lots of good stuff like watermelon, pizza, and other goodies. I always try to eat enough to offset my race entry fees!  

theyapper

On the road again...

Oh, we stayed around a good while after the race and ate and drank plenty.  We talked on the way home about what a great job this race does with the after race food and drinks.  A lot better than some of the halfs I've run.

Congrats on the AG win.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Great run guys. That sounds like a fun race.  I'm going to try to run that next year.  Richard, great run as always.  Paul, congratulations on your PR!  It looks like the miles are paying off now.

I'm gonna shoot for a mile PR this Friday also, at the Miles of Mooresville.  I haven't done any speed work and will rely on mileage. I shouldn't have much of a problem breaking 6:51 and will be looking to go below 6:30 I guess.  I'm not too worried about it.  I have July and August to get faster.  Then maybe I can target a 5k again.

old-runner

Hey Lynwood... I'd like to make it over to Miles of Mooresville at least one of the three times, maybe even this Friday possibly. I'm running the Summer Breeze 5k Saturday morning and I'm a little hesitant to run the night before if you know what I mean, so maybe I'll pass it up this time. If I don't make it this time around I'll try to make it next month. Good luck!