amlinz 35.1 mi 4:22:30
    SForrester 33.5 mi 4:33:40
    alholley 15.8 mi 2:23:06
    Happyfeet 12.8 mi 2:05:00
    theyapper66 8.5 mi 1:20:30
    Lpadg 5 mi 45:12
    jdbrown 4.7 mi 43:18

Last week's race results:

• CliveF -- 24DEC2011 -- Christmas Elf 5k (Mt. Mourne NC) -- Goal = sub-20.  RESULT = 22:07 for 5.541km (20:00 5k-equiv.).
    • old-runner-- 24DEC2011 -- Christmas Elf 5k (Mt. Mourne NC) -- Goal = sub-21.  RESULT = 22:39 for 5.541km (20:30 5k-equiv.).

This week's planned races:

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

old-runner

I think I'll probably run the First Footin' 5-Miler on New Years Day...

http://ruralhill.net/firstfootinfive.asp

It should be a new PR... I've only run one 5-miler before and it was back during my Gallowalking days. 

BTW, today's the 200th day of my longest running streak. I'm hoping to keep it going for as long as I can and hopefully I won't break an ankle or something before I hit 365 days. Or even worse, just forget to run one day.

Richard,

good luck on Jan 1 (I'm guessing this is a hilly route otherwise they would not call it Rural Hill). I looked at the website, you better avoid the "revelry" among the companionship, fellowship and revelry as that could add pounds! Plus you never know what is in the home made soup (did you ever see Hollywood Knights?)!

Rob

old-runner

I took a detour and instead of that Rural Hill race I ran the half marathon in Morganton...

http://leetiming.com/FPNYU.html

They just added it as an afterthought to the ultra and I think it was more of an experiment just to see if they'd want to do it in the future. Only 12 people in the race. I finished as 1st male overall but got chicked... twice! So I ended up 3rd overall. Not my greatest half marathon -- 1:38 and change -- but it was fun.

Podium finish.  Way to run Richard.

Richard, congrats on the podium finish! Were you able to get in the lead for a good amount of time at any point (running behind the police motorcycle)?

Rob

old-runner

Ha... I was in 1st place for the first 6 miles, but it was on a big 1-mile loop so there was nothing to follow except all the ultra runners who mostly resembled the living dead out there in their quest to run for 24 hours. I lapped most of the ultra runners 5 or 6 times so that was kind of interesting but, of course, they were pacing themselves.