Charlotte, NC area runners

Week of 5/18 (Read 176 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Hey guys. Seems that our group is away running and not at the computer typing, which is probably how it should be. Smile I've had 2 of the best LHR runs yesterday and today. The cool weather has been nice and I'm a week and a half away from finishing up my 3 month LHR base building phase. I'm genuinely pleased with the fact that I've stuck with it, but I am ready to race. Hopefully I'll see some improvement in my racing times and overall performance. I joined Athlinks today and now have one friend. Thanks, Richard!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

old-runner

Congratulations on sticking with the LHR Paul. I read about it and considered it but couldn't pull the trigger on trying to slow down for that long. I think it'll pay off for you though since you were able to do it. I'm getting back to normal after the marathon on May 3rd. Had my highest finish ever last week at the Hickory Crawdad Home Run Trot 5k -- 8th out of 127 runners! This Saturday I've got two races... the Belmont Classic 5k in the morning and the Night of the Ninja 5k in Asheville in the evening. Trying to run 50 races in my first year... just sounds kinda nice.
        You guys are doing great. I'm getting better too. After two sessions with a massage therapist my leg is 100% better. I'm getting excited about running again and have been able to run the last three weeks pain free. I lowered my mileage some too. I ran 4 intervals today at work with 4 cool downs, chasing my work friend. He runs about a 19 minute 5k, but I couldn't help but try to keep up. For the first two anyway. Then met my Thursday group at Charlotte Running Company and ran my hill course. I just hope I didn't over do it. Thanks for the friend request Paul. I confirmed today. It is a cool site. When do you get to race and see how it's worked for you? I've tried reading the information on it, but it's confusing to me how running that slow works. Amazing really. I'm kind of like Richard. I don't think I have the patience, though I've definitely tried to slow my easy runs down. 50 races..... Cool