Charlotte, NC area runners

Gastonia Long Run (Read 243 times)

under a rock

Thanks Ashley... I thought about you as soon as I heard the words IT band!

I'm going to have to ditch this queen of the IT band reputation that I have! Hopefully next year I can be known for something else.

old-runner

I'm going to have to ditch this queen of the IT band reputation that I have! Hopefully next year I can be known for something else.

We also know you for your orange skirt... but that's a whole 'nother story.

Nice workout Clive,you nailed your goal MP run. .  We had a tough time running 12 miles at 9:30 pace a week earlier, and you ran 15 yesterday at 7:50 pace yesterday. The cooler weather was sure nice wasn't it
          Nice Clive.  I tell you what....give ya'll one week with the elites and look what happens.   I'll be lucky to run with ya'll again!
          old-runner

Good work on the marathon pace for 15 miles Clive! And Happyfeet, I see you did the MRP and back route for 13 yesterday. That's great... I was wondering what you guys were doing Sunday morning.

I might be back up for a 12-13 mile run in the next couple weeks. My max has been 5 lately but today I felt great -- no pain at all -- but I'm wearing a big ol' knee brace just in case and it seems to give me some stability.

Today I ran 2 fairly slow miles (9:08 and 8:39) followed by 2 pretty fast miles (7:20 and 7:17) and a slow mile (8:40) to cool down. It really felt good but I'm going to try to ease back into building my miles back up so I don't end up in the same shape I was in for a couple weeks. That was definitely no fun. 

Back to the races maybe this weekend... anybody running the Panthers 5k?

Richard, good to hear that the knee pain is not too serious and you are getting better.

I'll be at the beach this weekend.  So no running or at most very few miles on Sunday.

Log stalkers!    To be fair, it was 15 total but with only 12 at MP.  Makes me wonder how I'll hold that pace for 26, though.

Richard, slow and steady until you're sure you've solved the problem.  Recurrences are a *****.

Lynwood, all I did was talk with them.  Imagine how fast I'd be if I'd actually run with them!  (The Charlotte Running Elite are meeting this SUN at the Davidson XC course, I think.  I doubt I'll be joining them this week, either.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau