Charlotte, NC area runners

Welcome to our newest members! INTRODUCE YOURSELF! (Read 794 times)

theyapper

On the road again...

Just noticed that HMhopeful and sypniewskij have joined the group! Great to have you on board. Sashi, it's nice to see others who are running so that they can play with their kids later on, too!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Thanks. Where do you live/run in Charlotte. I am in Gastonia and run with the http://www.sharksbite.com/runs.htm folks on Thursdays
      theyapper

On the road again...

I'm about 45 miles NE of Charlotte in Stanly County. I run in the Albemarle area.

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

Welcome aboard, Docster. I checked your log and can't believe that 40+ mile run. That's incredible. Was that a race?

Paul

theyapper

On the road again...

runNC - Welcome! I noticed that you have a group for running in North Carolina - this is a great state, isn't it?

Paul

Hey everyone, I'm actually in Rock Hill, SC, but since there are no SC groups, I thought I was close to enough to be able to join this one.

under a rock

Hello! I'm Ashley and I live in Gastonia. I'd love to explore great new places to run. My only requirement is that they be jogging stroller friendly! R ight now I have a local greenway, a park, and a treadmill for my runs. 

Hope to see some of you at area races!

Hey Ashley.  Welcome.  I'm glad to have another runner join us.  Maybe you can keep up with Richard, cause I know I can't.    I hope to see you also at some races also.  I would race more also, but I have two daughters, 8 & 11, so my race schedule is limited too.

under a rock

I'm a somewhat fast runner but I don't think I can keep up with Richard, especially right now. Give me six months and I'll see if I can catch him!
                    old-runner

I'm a somewhat fast runner but I don't think I can keep up with Richard, especially right now. Give me six months and I'll see if I can catch him!

Hey Ashley... I might be easier to catch than you think. I've got a sore left ankle and seem to be running slower every week.

Are you running at Martha Rivers Park some? If so, we ought to get together and run some maybe. I'm planning on doing the Asheville Citizen-Times half marathon too.

under a rock

Hey Ashley... I might be easier to catch than you think. I've got a sore left ankle and seem to be running slower every week.

Are you running at Martha Rivers Park some? If so, we ought to get together and run some maybe. I'm planning on doing the Asheville Citizen-Times half marathon too.

My husband and I have been running at Martha Rivers on Saturdays and I'm going to start running there at least Monday mornings. The greenway is pretty flat so I'm trying to get some hills in my training. Not that the hills at MRP are huge but it mostly seems to be sloping in all places but a few.

We thought that Asheville would be a pretty place to run as well as close by. I hope we can follow through with our plan to run it, so far so good!

old-runner

Ashley... the Asheville races are great if you don't mind the drive. There are a lot of hills but you kind of get used to it and the scenery is fantastic. I've done about 5 races up there this year and am hoping to run at least 5 more or so before the end of the year.

Hey all, just thought I'd post and introduce myself.  I'm 47 and have been in the Huntersville/Birkdale area for a few years now.  I ran back in high school, college and a little beyond, but then took a 20-plus-year break before starting again about a year or so ago.  Not sure how it happened, but I seem to have registered for Twin Cities, so I'm busy training for that.

I was reading another thread, and Miles of Mooresville sounds really cool; I'm hoping to make the July date and maybe meet some folks there.

And Richard, I'm pretty sure you're the guy who posted a Youtube video of this January's Hot Chocolate 10k?  I'm in it!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

theyapper

On the road again...

Welcome to the group!  Hope to meet you at some of the area races.  Congrats on getting back into the running thing.

Paul

old-runner

Thanks for joining us Clive! Yep, I'm the one who posted the Hot Chocolate 10k video... what a great race that is! More Charlotte area people should go up to Asheville for that race.

I saw on your log that you also ran the Biltmore 15k. I wanted to do that one but dragged my feet until it was full, and of course now there won't be a next time.

Hope to meet you at the races!