Charlotte, NC area runners

Welcome to our newest members! INTRODUCE YOURSELF! (Read 794 times)

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Thanks Happy Feet. RH is a lot closer. I do most of my training at the greenway in Ft. Mill. That's almost Charlotte!

I am headed down to Rock Hill today or tomorrow to maybe adopt a dog. MAYBE.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Photos or it's not real!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

TWHgal

Wannabe runner

I am headed down to Rock Hill today or tomorrow to maybe adopt a dog. MAYBE.

This is all kinds of awesome!

Cindy 

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Photos or it's not real!

In RW, we said, "Pics or it didn't happen." 

I'm glad ya'll found your way in here.  

Yep, Rob can provide some humor.  Rob even critique's my Kenyan like form in person on the Charlotte Runners Wed Run.  I swear I don't drag my heel though. I think Rob is hearing things. 

I run mostly with the Charlotte Runners and the Carolina Trail Run and Mtn Bike Group.  Dilworth area, Elizabeth, and White Water Center Trails.

NHLA

My husband and I have been running at Martha Rivers on Saturdays and I'm going to start running there at least Monday mornings. The greenway is pretty flat so I'm trying to get some hills in my training. Not that the hills at MRP are huge but it mostly seems to be sloping in all places but a few.

We thought that Asheville would be a pretty place to run as well as close by. I hope we can follow through with our plan to run it, so far so good!

Asheville 1/2 is a great race. Have fun on town mt.

Welcome NHLA, Some of us have run the Asheville Citizen times Half (not me) and I regularly run Blue Ridge relay (every other year so far), next time I am in Asheville for a run (unlikely until the fall) I'll let you know.

I have run down town mountain rd a couple of time as it's the finishing leg of BRR, but thankfully never had to do it in the other direction.

NHLA

I ran BBR last two years. Great race.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Hi everyone, I'm a New Yorker just beginning the process of relocating to Charlotte, NC.  I'm running Thunder Road in the fall and wanted to stop into this group and introduce myself.  Maybe you all can be my source for info on the best places to run when I am there in July!

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

Welcome SprinklesRunner as long as you are not a Yankee Fan.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Welcome to town, Sprinkles. I think I am doing Thunder Road, too. I have to assess whether I will have the time for training.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Happyfeet- I hate the Yankees.  My first and only Yankee game involved me having beer thrown on me as a freshman in college.

Tar Heel Mom - I will be burnt out from Wineglass and the NYC Marathon by then.  My only goal race is Wineglass though - I'm just going to be in CLT that weekend, and who can resist a marathon through my future hometown!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I guess you are not moving here for a while if you'll still be in NY in the fall. Summer is probably better there anyway.

Welcome!

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

Tar Heel Mom - I don't know my time line yet, as it will be determined by work obligations/job stuff, but probably late this year or early next year.

clive - thanks!